Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 PM

99 posts, read 286,050 times

Advertisements

looking for honeymoon ideas for under 3k. it does not matter if it is in or out of the country.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 09:15 PM

117 posts, read 406,139 times
Vegas for sure!! So much fun! I liked Vegas better than Hawaii when I went on my honeymoon but everyone is different!!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:24 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,475 times
Cruise the Greek Islands. It think it was about $3500 in 1997. Unbelievable trip. Did the Athens thing for 2 days then island hoped on one of those cheap Greek cruise lines, you know, the ones that sink all the time..lol. Went to Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. Swimsuit optional (just bring sunscreen)

Old 07-24-2007, 09:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
I think you should stay local and enjoy the beauty and romance of the area

Go to Asheville walk the gorgeous streets and get one of the nice packages offered by the Biltmore Estates. Most of the packages include
Accommodations
Valet Parking
Estate admission for the length of your stay
Estate Transportation
And each package has various special things added on also find a local spa to pamper during your stay. Inn on Biltmore Estate - Year-round Packages

Then on second half your trip drive up to Bryson City NC and enjoy a romantic dinner train or mystery train.
With the romance and mystique of an era gone by, guests on board the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad will enjoy scenic train journeys across fertile valleys, into tunnels and through
river gorges in a spectacular region called The Great Smoky Mountains. This section of western North Carolina offers a wide array of ever changing vegetation and fantastic landscapes
here link to the train excursion packages and at the top under special events details on the dinner and mystery train.

Great Smoky Mountain Railroad Reservations - Packages (http://www.gsmr.com/reservations/packages.php - broken link)

End your trip on the Tennessee River on a river boat in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga Riverboat: Chattanooga, Tennessee, The Southern Belle, Vacations, Attractions, TN, Dinner Cruises, Riverboat, Dining, Tours, Weddings, food, drink

Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,292 times
Niagra Falls is the Honeymoon Capital of the World!

Old 07-25-2007, 06:34 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
More bang for you buck and it's the most biologically diverse country in the world: Costa Rica!! My wife and I went there for our honeymoon September '06 and spent approx. $3500 for 12 days!!! $3000 will get ya'll 8-9 days. Volcanoes, 2 oceans, beautiful beaches, volcanic hot springs, tropical jungles, monkeys, coati mundies, 100s of species birds, butterflies, mammals, reptiles, and more things to do then you can imagine.

Why go to the same stale places EVERYONE goes too? Costa Rica is amazing and you'll never regret. In fact, you'll not be able to wait to go back! We wanted to move down there!

If you PM, I'll send you our honeymoon pics.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:54 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by got charlotte View Post
looking for honeymoon ideas for under 3k. it does not matter if it is in or out of the country.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry have to ask what time of year?

for 3K you could go to Paris or London for a week.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 AM

99 posts, read 286,050 times
early April 2008

Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by got charlotte View Post
early April 2008
Aaaaahhhh...prime time for Costa Rica...ESPECIALLY if you like leatherback turtles!

Old 07-25-2007, 09:44 AM

279 posts, read 1,085,740 times
I hear Costa Rica is amazing, but the Bahamas was great, too. My husband and I eloped there - we stayed at Atlantis, which was truly amazing (very friendly service and outstanding food), and we were married on a private beach in Nassau at sunset.

I think US Airways flies direct to Nassau from CLT Int'l and then you take a bus (air-conditioned ) to Paradise Island/Atlantis. We were married in October, so most of the kiddies were back in school and we had the waterslides to ourselves, hehe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel