Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 AM

6 posts, read 14,876 times

Advertisements

Which is the best place in the Puerto Vallarta for spend vacation with family and some special close friends, any one suggest the top place at Puerto Vallarta...
Give you suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 PM

515 posts, read 1,329,953 times
Oh, Puerto Vallarta is a wonderful place. You'll have tons of fun.

About 10 minutes out of the city is Nuevo Vallarta. Gorgeous, huge resorts. My favorite is
Paradise Village

Close to downtown, in the "Golden Zone" a great strip of hotels are the:
Hola Puerto Vallarta
and the Las Palmas

Right downtown you've got the Buenaventura Grand which is on Los Muertos beach which is nice but very public

Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,391 times
I loved Paradise Village as it has everything for a family. A pretty neat little zoo in the front and a little shopping center just outside the gates. I remember it being about 45 minutes to an hour outside of Puerto Vallarta by the bus that you take from in front of the shopping center (very nice bus). The taxi ride, if you'd rather, from the Sams Club (where city busses let you out for the bus to Nueva Vallarta) is about $20. Be sure to always ask the taxi driver how much a ride is going to cost to your destination before you get into the taxi. Inside Puerto Vallarta just about any hotel from the Marina area (Westin, Marriott and then south to the Sheraton are great areas to stay and just a short city bus ride or taxi into downtown (my favorite area of PV). Be sure to eat at La Dolce Vita (Dolce Vita - Restaurant Italiano Puerto Vallarta). Fantastic restaurant on the Malecon with a great view of the bay and fantastic food and pizza. All priced very reasonable. Also walk up to PiPi's restaurant for the best Mexican food. City busses are fun and cheap. They're old school busses and run all the time. Also be sure to walk the Malecon all the way south over the new bridge to the old hotel zone on the ocean for some great restaurants, old stores and lots of fun people. Just FYI, my thoughts that staying south of downtown would get boring unless all you want is to relax. Mismaloya is definately worth a visit, and not just the hotel, go to the area on the beach just south of it for some fun food, drinks (only get the bottled beer) and cheap massages (just a massage )in the tents behind the beach bars.

The pictures are at Paradise Village and the 3rd & 4th are at the beach at the old hotel zone and the last is at the beach at Mismaloya.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Place fo Traveling-dscf0025.jpg   Best Place fo Traveling-dscf0027.jpg   Best Place fo Traveling-dscf0087.jpg   Best Place fo Traveling-dscf0126.jpg   Best Place fo Traveling-dscf0034.jpg  

Best Place fo Traveling-dscf0063.jpg  

Last edited by RickMG; 04-09-2009 at 09:35 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
Oh, Puerto Vallarta is a wonderful place. You'll have tons of fun.

About 10 minutes out of the city is Nuevo Vallarta. Gorgeous, huge resorts. My favorite is
Paradise Village

Close to downtown, in the "Golden Zone" a great strip of hotels are the:
Hola Puerto Vallarta
and the Las Palmas

Right downtown you've got the Buenaventura Grand which is on Los Muertos beach which is nice but very public

Hi,
Thanks dear for your such a useful information that really help me to make up my mind

Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 AM

Default Pvrpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
I loved Paradise Village as it has everything for a family. A pretty neat little zoo in the front and a little shopping center just outside the gates. I remember it being about 45 minutes to an hour outside of Puerto Vallarta by the bus that you take from in front of the shopping center (very nice bus). The taxi ride, if you'd rather, from the Sams Club (where city busses let you out for the bus to Nueva Vallarta) is about $20. Be sure to always ask the taxi driver how much a ride is going to cost to your destination before you get into the taxi. Inside Puerto Vallarta just about any hotel from the Marina area (Westin, Marriott and then south to the Sheraton are great areas to stay and just a short city bus ride or taxi into downtown (my favorite area of PV). Be sure to eat at La Dolce Vita (Dolce Vita - Restaurant Italiano Puerto Vallarta). Fantastic restaurant on the Malecon with a great view of the bay and fantastic food and pizza. All priced very reasonable. Also walk up to PiPi's restaurant for the best Mexican food. City busses are fun and cheap. They're old school busses and run all the time. Also be sure to walk the Malecon all the way south over the new bridge to the old hotel zone on the ocean for some great restaurants, old stores and lots of fun people. Just FYI, my thoughts that staying south of downtown would get boring unless all you want is to relax. Mismaloya is definately worth a visit, and not just the hotel, go to the area on the beach just south of it for some fun food, drinks (only get the bottled beer) and cheap massages (just a massage )in the tents behind the beach bars.

The pictures are at Paradise Village and the 3rd & 4th are at the beach at the old hotel zone and the last is at the beach at Mismaloya.

i hear lots about Puerto Vallarta Rentals - Villas - Condos - Homes. what you say about it?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypaul View Post
i hear lots about Puerto Vallarta Rentals - Villas - Condos - Homes. what you say about it?
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about them but I'm sure others here might. We've gone to P.V. quite often but always through Worry Free Vacations with the exception of once when our daughter worked for America West Airlines in '00 (?) we flew direct and made our own reservations at the Holiday Inn in the hotel zone as we had stayed next door the year before and loved the location. She only worked for the airline for about six months and I have to tell you, my wife and I got a lot of travel in during the four months they let us have the parent discount. Boy I miss that.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 AM

Hi,
Nice to see your comments dear so how is you experience at Puerto Vallarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about them but I'm sure others here might. We've gone to P.V. quite often but always through Worry Free Vacations with the exception of once when our daughter worked for America West Airlines in '00 (?) we flew direct and made our own reservations at the Holiday Inn in the hotel zone as we had stayed next door the year before and loved the location. She only worked for the airline for about six months and I have to tell you, my wife and I got a lot of travel in during the four months they let us have the parent discount. Boy I miss that.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,513 times
[SIZE=2]We had such a blast in Puerto Escondido we decided to allocate at least five days at the end of our trip for Puerto Vallarta...aaa little disappointing. Big, boisterous and expensive with gringos everywhere and not the gringos that you like, the tattoo wearing, hairy chested, drink until you make an ass of yourself gringo. [/SIZE]

Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 AM

Oh!
Its mean that your experience is not good at Puerto Vallarta I think that Puerto Vallarta is a nice place to spent vacation at there I think that you are disturbed by the service which are provided you, once you Try PVRPV.com I belive that you love to visit that often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozyavka View Post
[SIZE=2]We had such a blast in Puerto Escondido we decided to allocate at least five days at the end of our trip for Puerto Vallarta...aaa little disappointing. Big, boisterous and expensive with gringos everywhere and not the gringos that you like, the tattoo wearing, hairy chested, drink until you make an ass of yourself gringo. [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel