Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times

Advertisements

[quote=slackjaw;19898070]Like I said, you don't understand the definition of sexual molestation.[quote]

The National Center for Victims of Crime - Library/Document Viewer (http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32369#1 - broken link)
Usually a sexual assault occurs when someone touches any part of another person's body in a sexual way, even through clothes, without that person's consent.

Based on what I've seen, particularly at PVD, there are certain screeners who seem to get their kicks by doing "random" secondary screening on particularly slim, pretty teenage females and that demographic only. If that doesn't scream sexual in nature, then I don't know what you'd call it.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone but my doctor or husband who touches my genitals is committing a sexual battery on me. It's unwarranted and a disgusting violation of privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
Ah you are talking about your personal "as far as I'm concerned" pet definition, which you are applying here with additional caveat of assumptions about motivations of security personnel.

That's fail. Sexual molestation is sexual in nature, you are not getting sexually molested when TSA does a pat down.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,514,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
As far as I'm concerned, anyone but my doctor or husband who touches my genitals is committing a sexual battery on me. It's unwarranted and a disgusting violation of privacy.
Unfortunetly the law doesn't particularly care about your personal opinions on legal definitions. You may as well claim bouncers at clubs are also "molesting" you.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Unfortunetly the law doesn't particularly care about your personal opinions on legal definitions. You may as well claim bouncers at clubs are also "molesting" you.
I don't go to clubs that require a body search except by a metal detector wand at certain shows--and then often I'm "backdoored" in to the venue and avoid it all to begin with. I'm not letting some stranger put their hands on me.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Ah you are talking about your personal "as far as I'm concerned" pet definition, which you are applying here with additional caveat of assumptions about motivations of security personnel.

That's fail. Sexual molestation is sexual in nature, you are not getting sexually molested when TSA does a pat down.
There is ZERO reason for any TSA officer to be touching your genitals with their hands unless they are trying to get their kicks. The cops don't do that when they search a suspect--and that's someone who has given them probable cause!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:54 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:

Do you fly weekly? Are you OK with getting hit with an unnecessary x-ray twice a week? What if it was your wife who was pregnant? Do you think it's OK for your unborn child to be x-rayed twice a week?
This goes with your post:

TSA scanners give cancer? — RT

Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
There is ZERO reason for any TSA officer to be touching your genitals with their hands unless they are trying to get their kicks.
Have you ever had the pat-down? It is done by someone of the same gender, and the reason they are doing isn't to get their kicks it is to follow the procedures of their job. I think you imagination is causing you to run with this a little bit when you are seeing nefarious lesbian motivations around you.

Quote:
The cops don't do that when they search a suspect--and that's someone who has given them probable cause!
This isn't true at all. A cop will run their hand all the way up your leg until it lifts sack, and across your front pockets until it hits shaft.

Obviously details of what gets touched may differ depending on male/female/hermaphrodite.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
This goes with your post:

TSA scanners give cancer? — RT
Exactly. Several non-stakeholder organizations seem to think that there is a significant concern. Of course the manufacturers and TSA bigwigs who approved spending millions on the systems want you to believe they are safe.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Non-stakeholder yeah the executive of the "Electronic Privacy Information Center" is a completely ubiased opinion about x-ray scanners. Gotcha.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
They have gone after children, disabled and now elderly. Even HS proms.

Never mind the safety issue of repeat use of scanners, which haven't been proven safe.

Some people may be willing to give away their personal liberties for some crazy "boogieman", but I sure am not.

Personally, I think TSA is clueless. I mean TSA thinks flying is a "privilege".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel