U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 PM

258 posts, read 1,425,495 times

Advertisements

I travelled around europe for a few months by myself. I didn't start out that way but I found it to be much better. I met so many more people and had a lot more fun. For my next trip I will probably do the same.............theres no waiting on anyone, no arguing what to see and do....its the way to go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 01:25 AM

308 posts, read 693,419 times
I'd rather travel with someone. I've travelled alone all over the world and it would be nice for someone else to take the reigns and show... me... the world.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:58 PM

187 posts, read 573,349 times
where do you travel alone? I need some ideas.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM

10,739 posts, read 32,403,366 times
I have traveled with my daughter and of course some with my family.

When I was in the Carribean, I would have loved to have a partner there to enjoy it but I did have fun with my family.

There is something about a beach that while its fun to play in the sand with your child, it would also be nice to walk the beach with your partner.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurbell View Post

Right now.... Everywhere. I still go through Europe on my way back to the States from the Middle East. I travel (drive) throughout the U.S. A buddy of mine from Iraq went to Rio with me about 2 1/2 years ago...

I really don't have solid plans as to where I am going this year but, I have been thinking about N/S Carolina...back to New Mexico and Arizona... and even up to North Dakota and Minnesota. How's that??

Old 02-13-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurbell View Post

Are you tryin' to pick me up LOL

Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,105 times
I love to travel alone! No timetables No reservations. No preconcieved agendas. Two months overland in South America in "65, and 6 weeks in South America by bus and boat. Just awesome. I'll never forget the enjoyment evenif I get Alzheimers.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:29 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,738,153 times
Funny how things come at the right time..... I opened CD tonight thinking about my trip to HI -not hoteling or resorting it. Going for 20 days for my birthday... done some trips alone but this will be the longest trip the furtherest away... not knowing anyone. Don't even have the last ten days booked anywhere. Figure I will wing it when I get there to see where I want to be on the Big Island... or maybe I will island jump!

Thanks for the repeat of thinking I have had in my head of this will be great I don't have to deal with anyone else but what I want to do!!! Leaving Friday!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 07:01 AM

3,850 posts, read 6,907,165 times
Yes, almost 98% of the time, I love to travel alone, the freedom is wonderful! You don't have another person to worry about, if I want to spend all day in a museum, I can, I can eat when I want, rest when I want, etc. I have lots of energy when I'm on vacation and some people cannot keep up with me, either their feet start to hurt, they get tired, etc. When I by myself, I can set my own schedule-stay out all night if want or simply take a nap if I want to!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:23 AM

4,101 posts, read 7,874,695 times
Im typically a loner and often travel alone. Sometimes I meet people I know in certain locations but otherwise Im by myself. I really see nothing odd about it. Sure, it would be nice to take some floosy along but there's never anybody out there that meets my qualifications so i go alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or