Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,860 times

Advertisements

I am just about to get my master degree, and I am doing a research about branding my home country, Croatia. It would be very helpuful if you could fill out this survey..only 6 questions, but big help for me and my country. Thanks...

[url=http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3TDRZNZ]Branding Croatia Survey[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 04:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalevak View Post
I am just about to get my master degree, and I am doing a research about branding my home country, Croatia. It would be very helpuful if you could fill out this survey..only 6 questions, but big help for me and my country. Thanks...

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3TDRZN...Croatia Survey
I couldn't get to the survey. Your link just takes me to the home page.
If you still have time to edit, please delete the "=" and use an "]" to fix your url.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:05 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
I googled it. This looks like it works

Branding Croatia Survey

Old 04-08-2011, 12:02 AM

Thanks, jtur.
As usual, I think I see countries differently than a lot of people.
For this survey, I didn't really have the option to discuss food, traditional folk music or art.
They're my main interest in Croatia.
The subculture of Buddhist thought, Thai Massage, etc. wasn't available.

Surveys are always so limiting.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:03 AM

5,059 posts, read 7,500,188 times
I completed it, have being to croatia and had a very costly run in with the Mafiia in split. So some bad impressions sorry.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM

Really, daniel!
What happened.

I've been there 3 times and never had a problem.
I'll be spending another week or two later this summer.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Really, daniel!
What happened.

I've been there 3 times and never had a problem.
I'll be spending another week or two later this summer.
Ha well, this happend on my big euro vacation (I was living in england, and spent 6 months going all over the mainland). I was in my early 20's At the time and was travelling with a couple of US guys I met up in Zadar. After enjoying a few beers at the hostel and looking for a night out we jumped in a taxi and asked the driver to "Take us somewhere good".
We fell for the oldest trick in the book really, the Taxi driver took us to a "Gentlemens Club" where we were given free entry and automatically surrounded by girls. The girls (3 of them, as their were 3 of us) bought 2 bottles of champagne which was only really enough for one glass each. Anyway after about an hour we got a bit bored, and decided to go back to the hostel. Only to find that they wanted $1500 US for each bottle of the cheap plonk we had just drunk.

Naturally we threw into a rage, and the manager said thats ok, why dont you come out the back and we will sort things out. So we went out the back only to be greated by a couple of huge guys with guns pointed directly at us. We really had no choice at that stage, they drove us to the ATM we got the money and they even gave us a "free" taxi back to the hostel.

I loved Croatia by the way, and would go back any day, think i will just avoid Split, and would also like to thank my insurance company for paying for that lovely glass of champagne.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 04-11-2011 at 05:55 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 AM

So, you were one of those "suckers born every minute" I've heard about!

I found Split to be rather meh. I did stay at a nice guesthouse up the road.

Dubrovnik is interesting, a walled city, with a sign at the entrance showing all of the buildings that were bombed in 1996.

I've been diving on the peninsula (it has a name that CD has banned?) and to Zagreb to see friends a few times. I like Zagreb; it's small and easygoing. They have a delightful multi-layer pastry, I can't remember the name, that's well worth trying. Yummers. There's a wonderful Croatian music store or two that you shouldn't miss.

Camping and exploring Pltvice is a must. Plitvice lakes national park - home (http://www.np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/eng/index.php - broken link)

This year, I'll be to the east of Zagreb; I'm very interested in naive art. It's oil painting on glass. Imagine, you'd have to put your name and the foreground first, dry for a few days, then the next layer of paint. The result is extremely vibrant.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So, you were one of those "suckers born every minute" I've heard about!

I like to look at it as a broadening of my education, nothing like that would ever happen where i live

Old 04-13-2011, 05:35 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
I did the survey.
I was sort of meh about Split, too. Loved Hvar. The lavender was in full bloom while we were there.
I enjoyed our 2006 visit there but I did sort of get this impression of "all your kuna belong to us." Maybe I am a naive tourist, but Croatia was my very first experience of having to pay a fee for a guy loading my backpack onto a bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel