U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 06:08 PM

110 posts, read 238,712 times

Advertisements

Husband and I are heading to Miami Beach this winter for a long weekend. Everyone says to stay in South Beach, but I wonder if there are other beaches we should consider. We're mostly looking for a relaxing weekend in a warm spot with some beach time, don't care about clubs/partying. We're certainly not opposed to South Beach, and regardless of where in Miami Beach area we stay we'd like to meander around South Beach for the people watching if nothing else, but want to make sure we can sleep at night (this is really the biggest concern about South Beach). Any thoughts on where we should look to stay - specific areas, hotels, etc? We already purchased tickets to Miami so recommendations need to be for the general area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 PM

10,443 posts, read 12,996,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofone View Post
but want to make sure we can sleep at night (this is really the biggest concern about South Beach).
Only the part of Ocean Drive between 14th st. and 5th st. can get pretty loud but idk if you can hear it in your hotel room.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 PM

16,409 posts, read 27,051,542 times
I've lived in Miami, and trust me, you want to stay on South Beach. That is where you're going to enjoy your time. I've been in Miami as both a citizen and as a tourist. I stayed right on South Beach and trust me, I slept like a king when I got in my bed. If you stay outside of South Beach in Miami, you will end up regretting it and be stuck taking taxis or the crappy busses.

South Beach is as crazy or as relaxing as you make it, don't make the mistake of staying somewhere else!

Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 AM

Thanks, good to know sleeping won't be a problem. Any suggestions for hotels that won't break the bank but will allow for some peace and quiet? Preferably under $300/night.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 AM

16,409 posts, read 27,051,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofone View Post
Thanks, good to know sleeping won't be a problem. Any suggestions for hotels that won't break the bank but will allow for some peace and quiet? Preferably under $300/night.

I stayed at a nice hotel called Mercury South Beach, very nice location, about a 2 minute walk to the beach, right by 5th/Ocean Drive. I think I paid $100/night with a king size bed, kitchen, living room, bedroom, big bathroom. I would highly recommend it. It is RIGHT next to the action, but just outside of it there will be absolutely no noise.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM

Thanks, I appreciate all the input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or