U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 07:22 PM

29,214 posts, read 52,340,591 times

Advertisements

Multiple guests staying at the Beverly Hilton Hotel the day Whitney Houston died claim their stay was absolutely UNBEARABLE due to commotion surrounding the singer's death -- and the hotel has done nothing to address their dissatisfaction.

TMZ spoke with several guests who stayed on the 4th floor when Whitney died -- the same floor Whitney had been staying on -- and they tell us ... the entire floor was on lockdown over the weekend, making their lives miserable.

Whitney Houston Death -- Hotel Guests Demand Refund, Hotel Refuses | TMZ.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM

6,934 posts, read 8,011,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Multiple guests staying at the Beverly Hilton Hotel the day Whitney Houston died claim their stay was absolutely UNBEARABLE due to commotion surrounding the singer's death -- and the hotel has done nothing to address their dissatisfaction.
Why should the hotel offer a discount, or refund money? If a few other guests there at the time of her death were that troubled let them make a claim against her estate. This is beyond silly.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM

23,784 posts, read 26,440,536 times
Oh the humiliation these guests were subjected to! Imagine having to show your card key to get to the 4th floor as if you were some common lookie-loo cruising for a cheap thrill. Would have been far better to open up the floor to the general public and offer a peak inside the room for $20.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM

9,519 posts, read 13,403,177 times
Whine, whine, where's the cheese? Their stay would have been "unbearable" anyway due to the Grammy awards.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:47 AM

4,307 posts, read 12,802,692 times
My heart bleeds. Just imagine the mileage they're going to get out of this every time they tell their family/friends/coworkers/strangers on a bus that they were staying at the hotel where Whitney Houston died!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM

4,919 posts, read 21,755,110 times
They were not upset because of the events, they were upset that no agents came a calling looking to sign them to movie or tv deals.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM

15,370 posts, read 37,230,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

TMZ spoke with several guests who stayed on the 4th floor when Whitney died -- the same floor Whitney had been staying on -- and they tell us ... the entire floor was on lockdown over the weekend, making their lives miserable.
I betcha Whitney was more miserable then they were

GET A LIFE.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 AM

26,589 posts, read 59,041,767 times
I think it depends on exactly what the situation was. If I simply had to show my ID and have it checked against a list of registered guests (total time around 30 seconds) then whatever.

But what would get me would be excessive noise and commotion in the hallways. If there were all sorts of people up and down the hallway or in the adjoining room all night making noise so I couldn't sleep, I absolutely would expect the hotel to either move me to a quieter floor or comp the room. That goes for anything from police to party-ers. When I book a hotel room, I expect peace and quiet, and if the hotel doesn't provide that, I don't want to have to pay for the stay.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:34 AM

9,284 posts, read 19,512,987 times
Since she found dead at 330pm The hotel, should have
1. Not put anyone who was booked on that floor that had not been checked in yet.
2. Ask any guest who is currently booked on that floor if they want to be moved based on the know activites that the police, ME, Etc. would be doing for hours.
2a. Move the guest to a different floor, If the whole hotel is booked solid, "walk" them to a different hotel. The people in 1. and any who dont want to be on that floor, move them to a different hotel.

That way anyone who is left on that floor 'wants' to be there. Knowing what type of activity will be going on all night.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 AM

726 posts, read 1,816,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Since she found dead at 330pm The hotel, should have
1. Not put anyone who was booked on that floor that had not been checked in yet.
2. Ask any guest who is currently booked on that floor if they want to be moved based on the know activites that the police, ME, Etc. would be doing for hours.
2a. Move the guest to a different floor, If the whole hotel is booked solid, "walk" them to a different hotel. The people in 1. and any who dont want to be on that floor, move them to a different hotel.

That way anyone who is left on that floor 'wants' to be there. Knowing what type of activity will be going on all night.
What if the hotel was sold out that night, which it probably was. How would you then do this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel