Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 04:02 AM

179 posts, read 357,295 times

Advertisements

Hello! I will be flying from Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l Airport to O'Hare Int'l in the next couple days. I will be PIC of a beautiful Beechcraft Baron G58 with an awesome Garmin G1000 display. Just wondering about any flight trips that any flight enthusiasts have planned. Feel free to share your DEP/ARR locations and the aircraft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 01:25 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
You are qualified to fly a twin engine airplane and asking for tips?

Anyway, Interesting flight for a small piston private aircraft to fly to two very busy commercial airports. Why arrive into ORD? Are you flying there at night? IFR I assume? Feel free to post some pictures. G1000s are fantastic and the Baron is a great plane.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:17 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx View Post
Hello! I will be flying from Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l Airport to O'Hare Int'l in the next couple days. I will be PIC of a beautiful Beechcraft Baron G58 with an awesome Garmin G1000 display. Just wondering about any flight trips that any flight enthusiasts have planned. Feel free to share your DEP/ARR locations and the aircraft.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:29 PM

179 posts, read 357,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
You are qualified to fly a twin engine airplane and asking for tips?

Anyway, Interesting flight for a small piston private aircraft to fly to two very busy commercial airports. Why arrive into ORD? Are you flying there at night? IFR I assume? Feel free to post some pictures. G1000s are fantastic and the Baron is a great plane.
Oh, I wasn't asking for TIPS... I was asking if anybody had any trips planned recently.. But no worries... I chose DFW mainly because I am very familiar with the area as I live near there, and comfortable with everything there... Don't care too much for Love Field.. And yes I will file an IFR flight plan.. I will definitely post updated pictures afterwards! And I chose ORD mainly because of 3 reasons:
1. I am picking somebody up that lives in the area and taking them back to Texas for a funeral
2. I have never flown in to ORD before and would like the challenge!... well I say that now.. We shall see in a week or so!
3. Given the airports in the area... I prefer ORD over Midway or the Gary/Chicago Int'l.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Too bad Meigs Field isn't still open. That would be one hell of an approach.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx View Post
Oh, I wasn't asking for TIPS... I was asking if anybody had any trips planned recently.. But no worries... I chose DFW mainly because I am very familiar with the area as I live near there, and comfortable with everything there... Don't care too much for Love Field.. And yes I will file an IFR flight plan.. I will definitely post updated pictures afterwards! And I chose ORD mainly because of 3 reasons:
1. I am picking somebody up that lives in the area and taking them back to Texas for a funeral
2. I have never flown in to ORD before and would like the challenge!... well I say that now.. We shall see in a week or so!
3. Given the airports in the area... I prefer ORD over Midway or the Gary/Chicago Int'l.
Got it. Well would love to see some pics. Let us know how ORD ATC treats the "little" Baron.

Last trip I planned was a long 20min flight from Opa Locka to Boca Raton. VFR 2,500ft direct mid-field over FLL. Boca runway is not the easiest to find in the mist of the highways and buildings right in the middle of suburbia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Too bad Meigs Field isn't still open. That would be one hell of an approach.
Was thinking that too. That was an awesome airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel