Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 02:00 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times

Advertisements

We are looking forward to our first experience sailing the BVIs in January/February 2008.

The charter is booked with The Moorings and based in Tortola.

Have any of you taken this vacation? If so, what was your experience? Any suggestions for what to take. What to allow more time to do. Not to be missed destinations.

We have been to Foxy's and the Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke. Beautiful and great fun!

I'm looking forward to the relaxation. Ahhhhhh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 03:13 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
We chartered a catamaran out of Tortola about 6 years ago. About 10 days.
We sailed around Peter Island, Jost Van Dyke (Soggy Dollar and Foxxy's), Virgin Gorda, other places. Two fun things: There was a full moon so we went to a Full Moon party, can't remember where it was. Also the Baths (Virgin Gorda) were a very cool place to stop and swim.
I just loved the BVI.
After the charter, we spent some time on St Simon. We liked it, but not as much as the BVI.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:20 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Thanks for posting, cil.

We are using The Moorings and will be out for two weeks. I'll check out the Baths on VG.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:50 AM

121 posts, read 315,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Thanks for posting, cil.

We are using The Moorings and will be out for two weeks. I'll check out the Baths on VG.

I was going to say the baths too. You will get excellent pictures. When I was there the Victoria Models had just finished their swim suit photo shoot! It was pretty cool.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:14 PM

39 posts, read 170,102 times
That is my family's annual sailing trip, we'll be there in December... you'll LOVE it! I was going to second Foxxy's and third the Baths. In addition:

If you're up for it and have an experienced sailor on board, check out Anegada - it's about 15 miles North of Virgin Gorda. The highest point on the island is 28 ft above sea level, and it's surrounded by reefs.

If you like diving, check out the Rhone. It's a ship wreck where you can swim through the vessel and there's usually quite a bit of sea life to look at as well.

Norman Island has some great snorkeling and I think that's where Billy Bones is located - try the pirate punch.

Cooper Island has the Cooper Island Beach Club, and there they rent out tons of stuff for kayaking, windsurfing, boating, etc.

Pretty much, just sail to any port and see what that Island has to offer! I'm sorry in advance if I've confused any of the locations of things to see, I blame it on that pirates punch. Good Luck and have fun on your vacation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel