Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 AM

121 posts, read 315,536 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever stayed here, or the other two Sandals in St. Lucia. We are going to the Grande in February. How was it? Which restraunts would you recommend? Did you do any of their water sports activities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,603,683 times
I've stayed at Club St. Lucia, but that was 11 years ago. It is a beautiful island. I'm sorry I don't know anything about the Sandals resorts, but have heard that they are nice.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:56 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times
I have a friend who had her honeymoon at a Sandals resort and she said it was a cheez fest. I think it was in Jamaica though. She hated it.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:49 PM

200 posts, read 888,191 times
I stayed in the "Rendezvous" resort on St. Lucia, another all-inclusive. We took a boat tour and could see all the St. Lucia resorts from the water as we passed. They seemed to have quite a bit of beach space...just take note, if you've never been there:

1. You can't bring back anything alive (so don't let them sell you the leaf-origami figurines!)
2. You can't bring back any small conch shells. They must be adult shells.
3. All the beaches are public, so the locals can come right up to you while you're sunbathing and try to sell you stuff.
4. Drugs are legal to use, illegal to buy. If that makes ANY sense.

It's a beautiful island, make sure to take a tour through Sufriere (pronounced "sue-fray") and see the Cocoa plantation and sulfur springs.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,086 times
What did you think of rendezvous? would you recommend it? how was the food? did you scuba dive? I am trying to decide if I want to do rendezvous (cheaper) or sandals.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:58 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,946,717 times
My husband and I stayed at the Rendevouz. I had no big issue with our room, which was a little cottage right on the beach, BUT, the food was horrible. Breakfast was ok, and they do have a little restaurant with very good food that you can make reservations for. We thought the regular buffets at lunch and dinner were awful, things like poor quality cold cuts, the same salads day after day, etc. After a while we walked to the grocery store and bought some things to keep in the room. That was the only vacation we lost weight on. One more thing about going to St Lucia, the island is beautiful, but the roads are pretty bad. Find out where your hotel is from the airport, and seriously consider taking a helicopter instead of a taxi. After our harrowing ride up, there was no way I wanted to get back into a taxi. The helicopter gives you a tour of the island, and the price wasn't bad, I think we paid about $60.00pp.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:54 PM

841 posts, read 4,839,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I have a friend who had her honeymoon at a Sandals resort and she said it was a cheez fest. I think it was in Jamaica though. She hated it.
My honeymoon was at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. It WAS so hokey and a 'cheez fest'. The food was so so, the water activities were so so, the drinks they offered were so so. We were pretty disappointed in the whole 'all inclusive' aspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel