Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 AM

743 posts, read 2,068,580 times

Advertisements

I got one, and my family is traveling to the East Coast. So far, I have inquired Delta Airlines. They said ID not required and strollers are checked-in at no charge. Expedia told me that a copy of Birth Certificate is required (just in case). So this depends on airlines (have to confirm with them after booking). We won't be using the car seat (it's a little too small for him). Lingering questions: can powdered formula be brought into the plane? Anything else I should be considering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 AM

895 posts, read 4,250,047 times
You don't need a birth certificate. Bring the powdered formula but make sure the bottle is empty. Once you pass through security, you can fill the bottle and do whatever you want. The airline is pretty understanding about traveling with babies. I know this sounds dumb but I always bring a blanket and two sets of clothes and LOTS of diapers. Be prepared that there aren't changing tables on the plane and you will probably have to change him on the seat. When you check in, ask if it's a full plane. Make sure they know you're traveling with an infant and you'd like to get a window and aisle and leave the middle seat empty if possible. If you're nursing, make sure you have a window seat because you don't want to show everyone your personals while sitting on an aisle seat. A pacifier or bottle should be used during take off and landing.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:38 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
5FLgirls is correct - no birth certificate is required. It won't hurt to bring one anyway, though. You can use your stroller through the airport and gate-check it, and it will not apply to any luggage restrictions.

You can bring milk for the baby (see TSA: Important Information on Traveling With Formula, Breast Milk, and Juice (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm - broken link)). But bring extras of everything (diapers, clothes, powdered formula, etc.) in case of flight delays. You may want to include an extra outfit for yourself in case you baby gets airsick (although not common, I've heard it does happen on occasion).

Be prepared for your little one to cry during landings due to ear pain. Sucking on a bottle or pacifier helps some, but my son still cried anyway. We never had problems during take-offs, but having the child suck on a bottle or pacifier during the take-off as well is not a bad idea.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:41 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
Oh, and for some additional discussion on flying with children, see this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/trave...-children.html
. Not everything will be applicable (the other parent is flying solo with a 7 year old and a 7 month old), but some of it will be useful.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,752 times
so delta airlines don't require bc's rite?? will they even ask for one when we departing to get on it??

Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls View Post
You don't need a birth certificate. Bring the powdered formula but make sure the bottle is empty. Once you pass through security, you can fill the bottle and do whatever you want. The airline is pretty understanding about traveling with babies. I know this sounds dumb but I always bring a blanket and two sets of clothes and LOTS of diapers. Be prepared that there aren't changing tables on the plane and you will probably have to change him on the seat. When you check in, ask if it's a full plane. Make sure they know you're traveling with an infant and you'd like to get a window and aisle and leave the middle seat empty if possible. If you're nursing, make sure you have a window seat because you don't want to show everyone your personals while sitting on an aisle seat. A pacifier or bottle should be used during take off and landing.
Actaully - most of the planes do have chanign tables but they can be tricky to find. I didnt' think that there were anyt he first time I flew but if you ask the FA - one or ore the the bathrooms will have a small fold down one on the back of the door. The last flight we were on - there were two bathrooms at the back, one had a table , one didn't.

I always bring my daughter's BC (and passport even though you don't need it for domestic travel)

I have travelled with the powdered formula - I saved up the little sample packets that they mail you, or bought them in the single serving packets. I've also used the premixed single serving bottles. Now that she's 2 - I fly with some pedisure Sidekicks.

Are you gate checking the stroller? If so, make sure you put in thru security first and then the rest your stuff. They often won't let you take a jogging type stroller to the gate. It will have to checked at the counter.

If you have a nicer stroller - it's might be worth it to buy a case for it (I have a BoB that I take everywhere).

Extra clothes - it is really easy for things to get spilled on the plane!

A nice blanket to snuggle, my daughter always settles in to sleep better with her own little quilt and pillow. When they are smaller, it makes it easier to block out light /noise.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:37 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times
And don't forget your child's favorite toys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel