Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:15 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,615,423 times

Advertisements

Thank you. I definately wil be pm'ing you. Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
I used to work for Disney 5 years ago so I could probably tell you everthing you want to know.

MGM and Fantasmic is a must see show. Aerosmiths Rock and Roller coaster is awesome as is the Tower of Terror.

The Coral Reef is the best place for dinner at Epcot. I used to work in that restaurant for a few months while I was there.

I also worked at the front desk of the Boardwalk Resort. Try the ESPN club while you are there. Its located on the Boardwalk.

PM if you want more info. I would like to think I am somewhat of a Disney expert. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Over at LaughingPlace.com Home - The #1 Site for Disney, there is an area in their forums on trip planning to WDW. It's worth checking out.
Thank you sean, I will check it out.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:51 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,230 times
We went this time of year back in 2005 and it was great! Still rather warm, but nothing like the earlier months in Florida. The crowds were really not bad either, but there were a lot of British families (they were on school break) who are a riot to hang out with.

I agree with the other poster about the resort mugs. Buy the mug and you get free refills at the resort for the entire time you are there! It really saves a lot of money. Buy your own bottled water and ask for a refrigerator in the room if you do not already have one. Freeze the bottles overnight so it will last longer and stay colder longer.

Take it at your own pace. Do not try to see everything in one day. If you do have the park hopper passes, leave and go back to the resort, let the kids swim while the adults sit back and relax for awhile. After the rest, go to another park or back to the same one for the evening parades and fireworks. You can drive yourself crazy trying to squeeze everything in and do everything.

Another forum I have found is The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin, which tells you everything you could ever want to know and more! One more thing, since you are staying at a Disney resort, you get to park for free at the parks. Disney transportation is great but sometime when you are in a hurry or your kids are restless, that bus can take forever! Enjoy and have a blast!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:53 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,177,254 times
I always read about Walt Disney trips being for kids so I must still be a kid! When we went 3 years ago it was me that didn't want to leave the parks. My 2 kids wanted to go back to the pool at Port Orleans~~ugh~~ ya can swim anytime you can't see Disney anytime.

The jerking on test track got to my back, kids didn't think it was worth the wait. Like another poster said I can drive faster when I need to get 2 kids to 2 different things at the same time.

We did the Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau dinner the night we flew in, great food, show was a little bit corny. Worth seeing once but I wouldn't go back most likely. Didn't get back to our room until around midnight but we planned on doing nothing but the dinner the first night anyway.

Gave my kids the choice of the luau dinner or Cirque du Soleil which I wanted to see. Now they wish they would have chosen Cirque du Soleil.

We took cereal, bagels, granola bars oatmeal to eat breakfast in our room it not only saved us money but we got to the parks faster too. One suitcase held food for the room going down and our gifts coming home. I bought some Rubbermaid insulated water bottles at the Dollar Store that were cold all day in the parks by freezing them the night before in our fridge/freezer. Also went to the holiday shop and bought several Disney Christmas ornaments and had the names of familes with the year we exchange gifts with put on them. Very affordable when you bought and had the names put on and so welcomed by all families! I had them all shipped home "just in case".

We stayed 13 glorious nights and 14 days doing Magic My Way at the end of May first part of June and now saving for our next trip in 2 years. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful no better place on earth!

Old 10-21-2007, 04:45 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,242,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal7014 View Post
I enjoy the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.

I have a friend who's in this It's fun, but very expensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel