Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 08:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

what do you think about this. I would have finished my water as well.

TSA Detains Woman Because of ‘Attitude’ - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:53 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
It seems like a set-up to me and like the TSA agent was being calm and respectful. I'd be willing to bet that woman knows full well that there are restrictions on bringing liquids through security. If she wanted to drink the water instead of having it tested in order to carry it through, there are ways you can do that without causing a stink. I've done it twice when I forgot that I had a water bottle in my bag . So, my strongest reaction to this is that I'm glad I wasn't in line behind her because she was just slowing things down for everyone else.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I think the TSA was wrong. I've seen many times when people were given the choice of finishing their liquid or tossing it. What difference did it make if she drank it rather than letting them test it?

The technology they use is incredibly faulty and in many cases, not proven safe by an independent source.

An example--I went through security in shorts last Friday. It was a millimeter scan machine. The TSA agent said she needed to "pat down" my calf because the machine showed a yellow square of my calf, showing it was suspect. Again I was in shorts and flip-flop style sandals. The agent with her dirty gloves (she refused to change them even after I asked her to) ran her hand over my bare skin on my leg then told me I was clear to go.

Frankly I should have reported her for touching me without my permission and not changing her gloves after I requested her to, but I wasn't feeling well. I hope she catches whatever cold I've got.

On top of that, I see 30% of TSA employees standing around doing nothing but chatting with each other every time I go through security. It's a bloated mess that is doing nothing to protect us. Instead of harassing the traveling public with snipe hunts, they need to spend more time profiling travelers based on their behavior and travel patterns and yes, their gender, race, and religion. Not to mention they should spend half the funding they've got looking at the air cargo on the planes right under our seats. That's where the real risk is. (And I won't get into how insecure our ports are.)

Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
This women cleared security and TSA followed her and when she bought water inside security they wanted to test it, had nothing to do with testing it before going thru security.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
She sounds like the kind of jerk I usually end up sitting next to.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
So I wonder if this woman will now be on the watch list? I'd suspect she will be. This is their own little mini kindom and some dig the power trip. Pretty sad and it makes the USA look rude and stupid.

TSA security looks at people who complain about ... TSA security - CNN

Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
This women cleared security and TSA followed her and when she bought water inside security they wanted to test it, had nothing to do with testing it before going thru security.
That's an abuse of power and not only should the TSA agent be fired, but his supervisor and the station manager should be terminated as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel