Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:54 AM

502 posts, read 2,295,489 times

Advertisements

We've been to Disneyland and it sounds good. I've been there before and I have family around the area. Although the Idea of not flying appeals a little bit more to my pocket. I was born in raised in NYC so I'd like to go somewhere different. Maybe PA or VA isn't a bad idea.

I'm not a beach person but I do love pools, visiting museums, the theatre (not Cineplex ), parks, and sightseeing. I like a balance between a busy and relaxing vacation. I like both indoor and outdoor activities and I looooooooove amusement parks but my kids are 4 and 5 so I need to go to a kiddy friendly park. I think my Grammy's idea of going to Sesame Place is great. Do they have other things to do in that area? I am aiming to go on vacation at the end of June or beginning of July.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 09:38 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,646 times
I have a website for you, Isabella. I used to live in Perkasie. We really liked going to Peddler's Village and New Hope. It's been awhile, but I do remember it as being very "artsy." Lots of neat little shops--fun to walk around. I see something about hot air balloon rides on that site. I know when we lived there, every weekend you could count on at least one balloon flying overhead. They were beautiful to watch. Anyway, here's the website--
http://www.buckscounty.org/visitors/index.aspx

Old 09-28-2006, 10:00 AM

502 posts, read 2,295,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
I have a website for you, Isabella. I used to live in Perkasie. We really liked going to Peddler's Village and New Hope. It's been awhile, but I do remember it as being very "artsy." Lots of neat little shops--fun to walk around. I see something about hot air balloon rides on that site. I know when we lived there, every weekend you could count on at least one balloon flying overhead. They were beautiful to watch. Anyway, here's the website--
http://www.buckscounty.org/visitors/index.aspx
Wow! That is great. Thanks Grammy.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,646 times
What are Grammys for!

Old 09-28-2006, 11:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
If you go to PA there is Hershey. I would go there. Go get a chocolate spa bath....... All the street lights look like Hershey's Kisses. Okay, gotta stop or I might have to eat some chocolate.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
We've been to Disneyland and it sounds good. I've been there before and I have family around the area. Although the Idea of not flying appeals a little bit more to my pocket. I was born in raised in NYC so I'd like to go somewhere different. Maybe PA or VA isn't a bad idea.

I'm not a beach person but I do love pools, visiting museums, the theatre (not Cineplex ), parks, and sightseeing. I like a balance between a busy and relaxing vacation. I like both indoor and outdoor activities and I looooooooove amusement parks but my kids are 4 and 5 so I need to go to a kiddy friendly park. I think my Grammy's idea of going to Sesame Place is great. Do they have other things to do in that area? I am aiming to go on vacation at the end of June or beginning of July.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

We took the kids to Hersheys in Penn. and what a bunch of fun we had, the factory was way cool for the kids, and you wont die from heat, the amusment park was alot of fun also, and wont break your budget!! And the whole place smells like Chocolate!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 AM

4 posts, read 8,753 times
Default Favorite Vacations Spots (Kid Friendly)

Two of my absolute favorite places are in TN and PA. In PA it would be Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster...there is also Hershey Park not too far from there. And in TN it is Dollywood. She has 2 parks...her reg. park and then Splash Country (water theme park) we have not been to the water park but we have been to her other one...a total of 5 times for one week at a time we still have not seen it all!! It is HUGE and oh, SO much FUN!!! Tammy

Old 04-21-2007, 09:28 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,582 times
You might also want to take a look at this North Carolina forum link for some cool summertime family vacation ideas:

Another Mountain question (if you are taking kids)

Old 04-21-2007, 09:38 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
If you are on a budget, then I think a trip west to Sesame Place and then Hershey Park would be nice. I would try to arrange it so you don't drive more than a few hours each day, and find fun places to stop at.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:08 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,529,513 times
How 'bout the Crayola Crayon Museum in Easton, PA? Haven't been there but hear it's nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel