Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

I would not go back to
South Texas New Mexico Denver Jamaica

I have never been to Central Africa, but have personally known several people who went and came back with all sorts of diseases, so that one is OFF The list too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Me too!! Plus, from the east coast, its' a VERY long flight to Hawaii. I'd much rather head the other way and go to Europe.
When I was in Aruba a few years ago, which I really like and felt safe, most where from East Coast only 4 hour flight. I came from CO because I FF miles to burn and it was available. Water is the warmest I have ever experience and the snorkeling/scuba beats anything I have seen.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 AM

For me, I would not visit South Africa. I orig was drawn to reading about it because of Oscar Pretorius but when I read it was the rape capital of the world and just overall dysfunctional and violent no thanks.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:15 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,226,819 times
I'm not very adventurous or a risk-taker, so I wouldn't venture out to any 3rd world country, and most 2nd world unless it's a tourist-friendly area like Jamaica or Bali - basically anywhere where you're at a moderate to high risk of getting ill, poor sanitary conditions, violence/unrest, etc. The sick thing especially scares me as I'm very sensitive to that, so India or Africa would be a nightmare - though I'd be interested to see India in theory. China and most Central/South America don't sound particularly appealing.
I would love to see all of Europe, Japan, and most of the US, for some reason I find small-town US interesting even though I'd never want to live there.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:01 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,739,384 times
A few comments, and my own list based on the great suggestions in this thread:

Amsterdam is a wonderful place.

The tropics are not just about beaches--I've been to French Polynesia 4 times and have spent very little time there lying on a beach.

Definitely don't want to go to:

Saudi Arabia
Las Vegas -- we're supposed to visit because celebrities go there? Give me a break!
Afghanistan!
North Korea, obviously
Lots of places in Central Africa that are just too unstable and dangerous

Places I'd like to visit but won't because I don't agree with their politics:
China

Other comments:
India--been there, done that, don't want to go back
Alaska--what's not to like about an Alaskan cruise? Unless you're not appropriately dressed.
Disney World--will go back if I ever have grandchildren
Florida's great, love it
I've spent a bit of time in L.A.--it's not so bad, really

Canada? I'm from Canada--lots to see there, no snap judgements (but then I made a judgement about Indian, didn't I?)

Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,044,766 times
ton's of places I wouldn't want to go:

Within the USA I have no desire to see Hawaii. Also some states like the Dakotas, MOntana, Wyoming or anything in that area.

Haven't visited the west coast so that is on my list to visit.

NO desire to go to Chicago, Milwaukee or those areas in the midwest again either.

Rest of the world"

Africa
most of asia
most of the caribbean ---especially Haiti, Puerto Rico, and Dominican Republic
any cruise or all inclusive resorts ---- boring
India
Australia
New Zealand

Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Asia...you can have it.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Asia...you can have it.
C'mon don't you want to see the Great Wall, that's all I want to see. No need to see their smog cities already lived in 2.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
[quote=Wwanderer;28483096]A few comments, and my own list based on the great suggestions in this thread:

The tropics are not just about beaches--I've been to French Polynesia 4 times and have spent very little time there lying on a beach.

Saudi Arabia
Las Vegas -- we're supposed to visit because celebrities go there? Give me a break!
Afghanistan!
North Korea, obviously

China

Other comments:
Alaska--what's not to like about an Alaskan cruise? Unless you're not appropriately dressed.
Florida's great, love it

Canada? I'm from Canada--lots to see there, no snap judgements (but then I made a judgement about Indian, didn't I?)[/quote]

I've only been to Montreal. Loved it. What I really want to see are the Canadian Rockies.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
A few comments, and my own list based on the great suggestions in this thread:

Saudi Arabia
Afghanistan!
North Korea, obviously

China

Other comments:
Florida's great, love it

Canada? I'm from Canada--lots to see there, no snap judgements (but then I made a judgement about Indian, didn't I?)

No need for you to visit, we have great company here like I said celebrities, sports personalities, olympians, royalty, supermodels together with 40 million people! Oh and we even have Canadians too, many of them here on a regular basis, they love it here, Celine, Shania......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel