Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:23 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I live in a city in southern California about an hour from Los Angeles where there's not too much to do, except for the movies, mall, bowling, some tennis, & that's about it. But I don't live in some small, country town either.

I personally like going on day trips to either L.A., Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, San Diego.
You've got one of the biggest music festivals in the country coming up in about a month--that sounds like something to do for spring break in your own backyard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,042,598 times
For this month... PNW, WA,TX (hill country + Austin and San Antonio), San Diego, LA, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia - The usual monthly fare...

If I could wave the crystal tour map, I feel like going to the Mediterranean for a couple months (AFTER the pope crowd disperses. )

For early May, Portland, OR is pretty, Late May = Victoria, BC

my spring breaks are not quite as exciting as they were 50 yrs ago...

Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
For this month... PNW, WA,TX (hill country + Austin and San Antonio), San Diego, LA, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia - The usual monthly fare...

If I could wave the crystal tour map, I feel like going to the Mediterranean for a couple months (AFTER the pope crowd disperses. )

Sounds exciting enough to me.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:07 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post

The Pope crowd will be dispersing, but then you've got the Easter crowd, and by the time they split you're smack into high tourist season.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 AM

294 posts, read 515,878 times
Default Spring break

just got back from 8 days in orlando and loved every minute.

The people were so nice and service was excellent.

We stayed at Portofino Bay Universal, did golfing at Grand Cypress, KSC, premium outlets shopping , and lots of pool time. At the park, my son loved Hulk and Harry Potter.

We loved the weather. perfect for us. One morning, the staff were wearing gloves at the park ! Most days between 70 and 88. I liked it much bettter than the islands as I find them way too hot and there is no shopping down there.

I have been to Hawaii and it is beautiful, but i think I prefer Florida as it is not as hot, not as expensive and the shopping is better, plus the flight is waaaayyyy shorter.

We already have our next trip planned and will stay at Grand Cypress Villas, do some Disney roller coasters, a Miami and Everglades trip, maybe Coco beach and lots of golf and pool time...and shopping.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplelady View Post
just got back from 8 days in orlando and loved every minute.

The people were so nice and service was excellent.

We stayed at Portofino Bay Universal, did golfing at Grand Cypress, KSC, premium outlets shopping , and lots of pool time. At the park, my son loved Hulk and Harry Potter.

We loved the weather. perfect for us. One morning, the staff were wearing gloves at the park ! Most days between 70 and 88. I liked it much bettter than the islands as I find them way too hot and there is no shopping down there.

I have been to Hawaii and it is beautiful, but i think I prefer Florida as it is not as hot, not as expensive and the shopping is better, plus the flight is waaaayyyy shorter.

We already have our next trip planned and will stay at Grand Cypress Villas, do some Disney roller coasters, a Miami and Everglades trip, maybe Coco beach and lots of golf and pool time...and shopping.
Glad we ordered the great weather for you. I tell people that I moved here for weather just like this.

Happy you had a great time...sounds like your return trip will be fun too.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I live in a city in southern California about an hour from Los Angeles where there's not too much to do, except for the movies, mall, bowling, some tennis, & that's about it. But I don't live in some small, country town either.

I personally like going on day trips to either L.A., Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, San Diego.
What about the mountains? Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear? Those are some nice getaways that are in San Bernardino area.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:22 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
The Museum of Westward Expansion which is at the base of the Arch is pretty good. The Arch itself is pretty forgettable.

Having said that, there are dozens of things to see in St. Louis.
Agree with you about the arch and museum.

As to St. Louis, try Fitz's Premium Root Beer | Since 1947 Fitz's American Grill & Bottling Works for some of the best root beer in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
We're taking a quick trip down south, leaving MN on Saturday and going to tour Graceland on Sunday then stopping in Mississippi for some bbq, featured on Diners, Drive in and Dives. Then we're making a stop in Little Rock before heading to a resort in Branson for a few days, we'll be doing a few attractions there, before hitting another bbq in Kansas City on the way home next Saturday.
It's not much, but we'll be away from the snow for a while.
You should try Lambert's Cafe - The Only Home of Throwed Rolls - Sikeston, MO | Ozark, MO | Foley, AL. Great home style cooking.

We just returned from our spring break: we drove from Dallas to Madison, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois; and then back home. There is SNOW up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel