Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:15 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,418,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
I have done the empty bottle thing but have been hassled at quite a few airports and even
had security take the bottle away cause they thought it was fishy
Interesting. I am a frequent flyer and always carry an empty water bottle through security (a reusable bottle, not an empty plastic type). Never once in the 5 years I have been doing that have I been questioned and I have traveled through many airports, big and small, domestic and international. Some airports even have water bottle filling stations instead of having to contend with regular water fountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I've got security down to a science. After I show my boarding pass and ID, they go in the front pocket of my laptop bag (always the same spot so there's no wondering later where I put them). When I get up to the scanners, all I have to do is put my bags on the belt (I have a checkpoint friendly laptop bag ... GREAT investment for anyone who travels often with a laptop) and take my shoes off. I have nothing to empty out of pockets, no belts, no watch, and minimal jewelry (that doesn't get removed). My bag of toiletries is at the top of my carry on so that IF they ask for them to be removed, I can do it with no digging. (Though it seems that a lot of airports don't require the bag to be taken out anymore)

It cracks me up when people complain about security lines, but then they get to the scanners and take forever removing everything and juggling all their items. Doing just a few simple things before getting in line would make it easier to get through, and everyone would get through faster.
Yes to all of this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 08:04 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,901,622 times
Travel light. I flew Spirit once and just took a small bag, as they charge for carry ons. I know, that flies in the face of those who take at least three bags for a day trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel