Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 7,649 times

Advertisements

Ok.. For starters this may sound dumb after reading some of the post about backpack travel here.. Haisst.. A bit shy posting this. Hehe. Anyways.. I'm 26 and ime thinking of going Vietnam-cambodia-thailand with my super lovable bestfriend .. I'm actually thinking of going there for just *this dumb part-* *withsomesoundeffect*chandararan!* hehe 10days.. Hehe.. And we're both beginners.. So i guess im posting this for some info.. Itinerary and just accommodation.. Were really on tight budget so please endorse the cheapest ones.. Hehehe.. Thank you so much for the possible replies. i hope i get some *crossfinger.. God bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:31 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
10 days isn't long enough for two countries, much less three. Transit costs alone will kill any of your budget goals. And spending more time in transit then anything else is no way to travel.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:05 PM

3 posts, read 7,649 times
Yeh i thought so.. Hmm.. what about if we're going to spend 20 days.. With just 2 country

Old 11-05-2013, 06:23 AM

76 posts, read 128,224 times
England - Train
Mexico - Car
India-plane
Scotland - Train

Old 11-05-2013, 03:02 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
Could work, depends on how you want to organize your trip. I could recommend keeping Cambodia as one of the two countries if you go that route. Spend 5/6 days there (mostly Siem Reap and maybe a night or two in Phnom Penh, other cities won't be worth it considering your time constraints). Then you'll have 14-15 days to focus on the other country. Where you go depends on what you're looking for. What is it? Beach, culture, nightlife, scenery, shopping, food, something else?

Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
Been to all three countries.
You need more time.
21 days minimum and 30 is better.
Best to check up on any visa required for entry. And associated entry and exit fees.
3 day at least for Angkor Wat.
Don't miss the Central Market and the Russian Market in Phnom Penh. And the Tuol Sleng High School.
US dollar is used in Cambodia with some local currency.
Vietnam uses the Dong.
Thailand uses the Baht.
Best to read up on currency conversions and print out a chart. All can be quite confusing.
Busses and trains.
There are all grades of busses and trains. Some are air conditioned others just wood benches.
Hanoi, Saigon, and Phnom Penh were designed by the French.
Thailand was never colonized (minus Japanese in WWII).
Bridge on River Quai is a neat trip.
Chiang Mai is up in the mountains.
Hua Hin is a beautiful seacoast/beach city. The King's Summer home is in Hua Hin.
Phuket Island has some beautiful beaches.
All places/countries mentioned do get a tad humid.

Pick up a copy of Lonely Planet book for each country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel