Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:35 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,091,477 times

Advertisements

It's been a while since I've been to London, so some of this might be outdated. But ... when we purchased an Underground pass, along with it came a bus tour. We did that immediately upon arrival, to get a good layout of things.

We always used the half-price ticket booth at Leicester Square to get theater tickets. Got great prices, and it also helped us decide what to go to see.

The earlier you go in the year, the less you'll pay for the airline tickets. After school is out, the prices tend to go up astronomically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,607,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Mantilla View Post
Trying to book my first trip to London and I want a reasonable travel in terms of cost. Any ideas on how to go about doing so?
The comments in this thread seem to have gone away from your basic question about costs. I just did a couple of searches and found a number of air and hotel deals for 5 days in London for less that $2000. Obviously the actual cost depends on the number of days, any add ons for the specific airport you want to fly out of and the actual hotel you want. Going with a cheaper hotel can bring the price down several hundred dollars.

Any of the big internet travel companies like Expedia or Orbitz can help, or you can try looking at sites like British Airways.

As mentioned by a previous poster, you can get a subway ("Tube") pass that will let you get just about anywhere in London, so transportation should not be a problem. I can recommend the area north of Hyde Park and south of Paddington Station. You can access the tube either at Paddington, Queenway or Lancaster Gate. There a decent number of hotels in that area. However, just about anywhere in London is accessible by tube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel