Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 12:16 AM

127 posts, read 924,963 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a warm spring break spot not teeming with college students? It could be anywhere within the US or at not too far outside of the Carribean/Central America, but I just want somewhere a bit more quiet than the usual party scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 01:39 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlions View Post
Does anyone know of a warm spring break spot not teeming with college students? It could be anywhere within the US or at not too far outside of the Carribean/Central America, but I just want somewhere a bit more quiet than the usual party scene.
<tongue in cheek>

How about Hudspeth County in Texas? It borders Mexico to the south, so it might not be too far from your preferred location. It should be pleasant as far as temperatures go, and with a population of around 3344, it shouldn't be too crowded! I'll bet you could find a quiet place there! LOL!

Hudspeth County, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<remove tongue>

Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
<tongue in cheek>

How about Hudspeth County in Texas? It borders Mexico to the south, so it might not be too far from your preferred location. It should be pleasant as far as temperatures go, and with a population of around 3344, it shouldn't be too crowded! I'll bet you could find a quiet place there! LOL!

Hudspeth County, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<remove tongue>
Haha, that would be very interesting...I like random places but that seems a little bit too random for me. It might be very hard to sell to my wife as well, which makes it pretty tough. But i'm sure the Rio Grande is very nice in the spring time, and I could take a nap in the shade of an oil well...

Old 12-02-2007, 02:51 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlions View Post
Haha, that would be very interesting...I like random places but that seems a little bit too random for me. It might be very hard to sell to my wife as well, which makes it pretty tough. But i'm sure the Rio Grande is very nice in the spring time, and I could take a nap in the shade of an oil well...
I think it would be a hard sell, hence the reason for the tongue in the cheek in the first place. I'm glad you saw the humor in it.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
I spent almost two years in Port St Joe, northwest Florida.
Every spring there the spring breakers were mostly families, but we did get some young people who were looking for true relaxation rather than 24/7 partying.
There is not a lot going on. It might be too quiet for you, but if it is, you can always drive to Panama City to the west, or Apalachicola to the east.
I've seen a lot of beaches, but never anything quite like the PSJ beaches.
Sugar-white sand, clear Gulf, lots of wildlife, and very few people.
Further west, there is Ft Walton Beach and Destin--more going on there.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I spent almost two years in Port St Joe, northwest Florida.
Every spring there the spring breakers were mostly families, but we did get some young people who were looking for true relaxation rather than 24/7 partying.
There is not a lot going on. It might be too quiet for you, but if it is, you can always drive to Panama City to the west, or Apalachicola to the east.
I've seen a lot of beaches, but never anything quite like the PSJ beaches.
Sugar-white sand, clear Gulf, lots of wildlife, and very few people.
Further west, there is Ft Walton Beach and Destin--more going on there.
That actually sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Just somewhere we can hang out on the beach for a few days, maybe sip a margarita or 2, but nothing too intense. I'll look into it more but the location looks pretty good as well. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 AM

895 posts, read 4,248,776 times
We've spent a lot of time in the Santa Rosa Beach (near Pensacola) area and love it. There is nothing to do but hang out, go to the beach and relax. If that's what you're looking for - that area of Florida is fab! I'm looking for ideas too but we've just moved to the west coast and I don't want to fly east with the kids. When we lived in Florida - finding a quiet place to relax for a week was easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel