Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 12:50 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times

Advertisements

Planning a trip for July and debating which city

Pros and cons of each?

Cancun - I know it is known for a serious party vibe, but I am still interested! Convince me? Sites to see nearby etc?

Cozumel - Looks like the snorkeling and beaches are amazing. Also looks like there is some more ruins/local stuff to see? Any suggestions on excursions?

Airfare? When is the best time to secure it for July? It has been fluctuating since mid April and is $200 higher than before

Most likely going to do an all inclusive type place. Anyone have any experience with the Melia Cozumel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 02:00 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,796 times
I was in Cancun back in 2012 and I'm heading to Riviera Maya in June (Which is close to Cancun).

I never left the resort in Cancun but we stayed at one of the Fiesta Americana ones. Beach was beautiful and food was great there.

The attractions we did were Xel-Ha and seeing the Mayan Ruins at Tulum. Xel-Ha is a big eco park where you can snorkel in a huge lagoon with tropical fish, pay extra to swim with dolphins, lay in hammocks, etc. It also provides you with unlimited food/drinks all day. Honestly, it wasn't my cup of tea. It was very crowded and the snorkeling got old after I bit and I felt that was the main thing the park could offer.

Now, Tulum was totally different. The ruins are right on the cliff next to the sea and it's such a beautiful sight. We will see it again this summer.

We also are going to see the ceynotes, which are underwater caves you can snorkel. They look so cool.

I haven't been to Cozumel, but reviews have told me it's not anything special. It may be closer to these attractions though. From Cancun, it took us about 1.5ish hours with a tour guide to get to our stops.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Age and travel experience? Single, couple, group?

Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 AM

182 posts, read 477,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Planning a trip for July and debating which city

Pros and cons of each?

Cancun - I know it is known for a serious party vibe, but I am still interested! Convince me? Sites to see nearby etc?

Cozumel - Looks like the snorkeling and beaches are amazing. Also looks like there is some more ruins/local stuff to see? Any suggestions on excursions?

Airfare? When is the best time to secure it for July? It has been fluctuating since mid April and is $200 higher than before

Most likely going to do an all inclusive type place. Anyone have any experience with the Melia Cozumel?
My wife and I had a blast in Cozumel. It was one of the ports on our honeymoon cruise. We did an ATV and Snorkeling excrusion. Here's the link to the specific one we did: http://www.wild-tours.com/wt_atv1.htm It was so much fun, especially riding the ATVs through the jungle

Old 05-19-2014, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 765 times
If you are visiting Cancun this summer, try to get to Puerto Morelos, which has a nice beach, or Valladolid or Merida, which have a lot to offer in terms of culture!

Also read this review, might help [<a href="http://foundreviews.com/cancun-on-the-cheap-review">Cancun On The Cheap - Review</a>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel