Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 9 days ago)

43,451 posts, read 44,172,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Meals? HAHAHAHA, are you serious?
Oh yeah the peanuts are great on Delta but I like the pretzels on United.
Since you, I guess, are from Singapore you should realize that meals have practically disappeared from US domestic flights, at least in coach class. And most of the posters are of that background. If you really want an opinion you should check out FlyerTalk forum or something.

From my limited experience (I fly international, but mostly on one airline to maximize FF points) - probably Singapore Airlines is the best, for first/business class. Do they still have the "book the cook" feature?
I flew Delta Business Class domestically 4-9 years ago a few times and the food was okay but "nothing to write home about".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 AM

6,419 posts, read 11,571,173 times
I commuted cross-country for a summer on Southwest. Brought my own in-flight meals. That was better than any domestic in-flight meal I've ever had.

Overseas, Air France (long time ago) and Air New Zealand. I haven't flown yet on any of the far east airlines.

Flew into Los Mochis,Mexico over a holiday (don't remember the airline - one of the Mexican ones), and they fed us a quite good Christmas dinner. The order of the courses was ... um ... interesting. But it was all tasty.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 AM

20,652 posts, read 23,827,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well yeah it depends on the length of the flight and time.
Well I don't live in Australia so it will be different. We don't fly for like 10 hours everywhere.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
And even then you have to purchase it.
Well we can cope without food for three hours.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Meals? HAHAHAHA, are you serious?
Oh yeah the peanuts are great on Delta but I like the pretzels on United.
Since you, I guess, are from Singapore you should realize that meals have practically disappeared from US domestic flights, at least in coach class. And most of the posters are of that background. If you really want an opinion you should check out FlyerTalk forum or something.

From my limited experience (I fly international, but mostly on one airline to maximize FF points) - probably Singapore Airlines is the best, for first/business class. Do they still have the "book the cook" feature?
Omg love love it when they give you pretzels. Air tran are obsessed with them and they give you like five bags.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,250,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Well we can cope without food for three hours.
Oh, I agree. Just commenting on how the service has changed.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:57 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,699,255 times
The best meal I EVER had on a plane was a full Irish breakfast on Aer Lingus. Don't know how they managed it on a short flight from London.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:42 AM

4,105 posts, read 5,534,150 times
Best meals ever: Emirates business class. I don't anticipate even experiencing their first class meals.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:44 AM

4,105 posts, read 5,534,150 times
British Airways used to serve a full breakfast on their short flights from Glasgow to London. Don't know if they still do.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:35 AM

32,559 posts, read 47,718,582 times
I'm trying to remember when I last had a meal on a plane.

British Airways gave me some sticky rice and candied ginger wrapped in nori for breakfast on one overseas flight. That's probably the best food I've ever been given on a plane.

Let's see. One flight meal was a bagel about the size of a cheerio, but I don't remember what airline.

A local puddle jumper airline at my location gives a granola bar to everyone, even thought the flight is about 15 minutes.

If the flight is going to be over a time period when I normally eat, I take some jerky, some nuts, or maybe some M&M's. Mostly, it is not flight time that runs so long I have to eat. It is all the check-in time and security that makes the day too long to go without some sort of food.

Don't forget: when airlines gave a hot meal on a flight, the food was nasty and the source of a great deal of joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel