Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about recling seats on airplanes?
I don't recline because it is rude to the person behind me 54 28.88%
I recline all the way back because it is my right! 58 31.02%
Airlines should change seats so they don't recline 61 32.62%
I have no opinion at all about this silly question! 14 7.49%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:06 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It seems bizarre that you can't consolidate to two carriers, particularly now that US and AA have merged.
Whether you think it's bizarre or not, that's the way it is. It's not my choosing, and often depends on which airlines fly out of my airport and into the destination airport.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:08 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
They can sit slightly sideways.
How exactly do you propose that? Do they put their legs in their neighbor's space, or in the aisle and then get yelled at by FAs?

Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Quote:
Once the seat is reclined you can't just push it back. What does height have to do with wanting to recline? hint--NOTHING.

I'd suggest that if you want more room that you insist that your employer pay for extra legroom seats, or pay for them yourself. Don't expect the rest of the world to revolve around you.

Height has nothing to do with reclining, ignorance does. You're invading MY space ! And I don't know how young you are but all seats use to have a reasonable leg room. And you can push the seat up from behind. I hope you're in front of me next time I fly.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Sassy View Post
You can also pay for more room in 1st class or business class. It is not your seat to do what you want with it.
I don't need to pay more to fly 1st class since I don't need extra leg room and BECAUSE THE FRICKIN' SEAT RECLINES!!!! Evidently, the airlines do intend for me to do what I want with it since they gave me the button. Seriously, are people that dense?

Quote:
The airlines leave people to rely on etiquette...
I disagree.

Quote:
...but some airlines are taking out the mechanism that allows seats to recline because of rude people like you.
You should definitely find that airline(s), because I'm putting the seat back. I just flew from Dulles to Denver via United and the seat reclined. I enjoyed the crap out of my laid back position too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Height has nothing to do with reclining, ignorance does. You're invading MY space !
It must be my space since I control the button, huh?

For people that think they are too tall to fly in coach, welcome to reality. It sucks being tall unless you're playing basketball or trying to pick up a skank in a bar. You're the same people that will say fat people should have to pay more to fly, but think you're exempt since you're tall. Guess what, I'm not responsible for your height. If you can't manage to fit your gangly rear in a coach seat that is has the seat reclined in front of you then feel free pay more.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 08-26-2014 at 01:28 PM..

Old 08-26-2014, 01:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I don't need to pay more to fly 1st class BECAUSE THE FRICKIN' SEAT RECLINES!!!!
Calm down Francis. It's about having respect for your fellow passengers. I'm sure you do not enjoy the person in front of you reclining their seat into your space & your knees.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm sure you do not enjoy the person in front of you reclining their seat into your space & your knees.
Nice outdated movie reference. I don't mind it at all and never have. It's their seat back, their button, and they can do what they want with it. Luckily, I'm not a tall freak but rather an average sized person.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM

60 posts, read 64,070 times
I don't see why planes shouldn't allow seats to recline. I recline, people ahead of me recline, people to the side of me recline, no problem. Most of us don't recline that far back, and most of us are considerate enough not to recline with enough force to break someone's laptop. What, do you expect people to sit upright for 10 hours?

Old 08-26-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamarandomanonymoususer View Post
i don't see why planes shouldn't allow seats to recline. I recline, people ahead of me recline, people to the side of me recline, no problem. Most of us don't recline that far back, and most of us are considerate enough not to recline with enough force to break someone's laptop. What, do you expect people to sit upright for 10 hours?
+1,000,000

The problem is that there is a vocal minority (look down the rows of any long flight and see that at least 75% are leaned back) that gripes and moans about this. Fly first class. Problem solved. Until the airlines take the button away from me I'm going to use it. GET OVER IT!

Old 08-26-2014, 01:31 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Nice outdated movie reference. I don't mind it at all and never have. It's their seat back, their button, and they can do what they want with it. Luckily, I'm not a tall freak but rather an average sized person.
Lol, who cares if it's outdated, it's a classic! I'm 5'8 1/2, not a tall freak by any means & I would be annoyed by someone reclining their seat onto my knees. There is so little leg space as it is, to have someone swallow all of it up because they want their body to recline by a half a degree is frustrating. I prefer to get a window seat & then just lean against the window w/my pillow, that way I don't have to recline.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, who cares if it's outdated, it's a classic! I'm 5'8 1/2, not a tall freak by any means & I would be annoyed by someone reclining their seat onto my knees. There is so little leg space as it is, to have someone swallow all of it up because they want their body to recline by a half a degree is frustrating. I prefer to get a window seat & then just lean against the window w/my pillow, that way I don't have to recline.
Well, guess what, not everyone gets the window seat. We have a seat back that reclines, so we use it. Find an airline that doesn't have reclining seats. It's none of your business what I do with my seat back or how I use the button on my arm rest. Seriously, why do people not get this?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel