Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times

Advertisements

Forget hot chicks, I'm just happy not to sit next to "the fat guy". You know which one, that guy that looks like he can take two seats. There is one on each flight it seems. The one that, when I board, I say a prayer saying "please Lord do not have 'the fat guy' sit next to me".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 02:26 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,315,493 times
Give the original poster a break. He's just echoing those deep and disturbed thoughts many of us have. Come on, admit it, say what you want, but many people are thinking what he is. He just posted it--under an alias. Big deal.

Come on, we all think deep and disturbed things. I do, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. When I see a wreck on the highway, the first thing I think is "where's an escape route so I don't have to wait behind the logjam?" I mean really, I didn't know them, the ambulance people are the ones who can actually DO something about it and they're on the way. Why should I have to wait in line over someone I don't know whom I'm not going to be able to help anyway? I wouldn't expect them to wait in line behind me if I were the one in the wreck--really, I wouldn't.

I see an attractive woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "some guy had a really fun time with her." I see a large woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "wow, really?" yet I'm also thinking "that's one devoted man right there, good for him." I also think "I bet that woman feels great knowing she can be obese yet still attract a fine man for herself, and good for her, everyone deserves to be happy, not just the supermodels of the world."

I see a cashier, I think of how this person probably hasn't been able to scratch their butt or pick their nose for awhile and how they're probably looking forward to the first chance they get to do so. I see someone mopping and I have to walk where they're mopping, I'm thinking "I bet they want to kill me right now." When a young cashier at Best Buy smiles I say to myself "I bet she's thinking 'oh great, another old man I have to be nice to, why can't some 20-somethings come in here?'"

These are just thoughts echoed on a forum under an alias, big deal.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:43 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Heck, us dirty old men have nothing to loo forward too other then maybe a friendly smile from a Young Chick.

A friendly smile from a young waitress will GUARANTEE a Nice tip....my late wife was one and the tips sure added up.

On another subject that might warrant a separate thread would be the CHICKS a person sees at the International Airports.

Now I am referring to the Flight Attendants that walk thru the facility from arriving flights to those just coming to their outbound flights.

Having been to the Mexico City airport many times have seen some very attractive Flight Attendant girls from the South American countries......based upon hearing them speak Spanish.

Are their some here that could elaborate similar experiences re foreign Flight Attendants?

Could be a learning experience....would be for me.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:14 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Give the original poster a break. He's just echoing those deep and disturbed thoughts many of us have. Come on, admit it, say what you want, but many people are thinking what he is. He just posted it--under an alias. Big deal.

Come on, we all think deep and disturbed things. I do, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. When I see a wreck on the highway, the first thing I think is "where's an escape route so I don't have to wait behind the logjam?" I mean really, I didn't know them, the ambulance people are the ones who can actually DO something about it and they're on the way. Why should I have to wait in line over someone I don't know whom I'm not going to be able to help anyway? I wouldn't expect them to wait in line behind me if I were the one in the wreck--really, I wouldn't.

I see an attractive woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "some guy had a really fun time with her." I see a large woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "wow, really?" yet I'm also thinking "that's one devoted man right there, good for him." I also think "I bet that woman feels great knowing she can be obese yet still attract a fine man for herself, and good for her, everyone deserves to be happy, not just the supermodels of the world."

I see a cashier, I think of how this person probably hasn't been able to scratch their butt or pick their nose for awhile and how they're probably looking forward to the first chance they get to do so. I see someone mopping and I have to walk where they're mopping, I'm thinking "I bet they want to kill me right now." When a young cashier at Best Buy smiles I say to myself "I bet she's thinking 'oh great, another old man I have to be nice to, why can't some 20-somethings come in here?'"

These are just thoughts echoed on a forum under an alias, big deal.
You have some strange thoughts. No, I am not looking for an exit as my first thought when there's an accident. My first thought is did someone call the police. You sound like a VERY impatient person who only thinks of himself.

No, I don't check out pregnant people either. I don't judge their looks or weight either. What a woman looks like pregnant rarely resembles what she looked like before and will look like after. My sister-in-law looked like a completely different person when she was pregnant. I hardly recognized her!

Where are you shopping where cashiers scratch their butt and pick their nose? You need to go to better neighborhoods and clean establishments.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Near Christmas, 1975 maybe 1974. I was in Western Pacific in Navy, with a flight a reservation on United back to the east coast from CA in mid December.

United went on strike and it looked like they would be out during the time of my flight. A flight attendent girl friend of friend told me United had to make it good. I never even thought about that, but I called, and they did, FIRST CLASS all the way from San Diego, to LA, to Chicago to Charlotte. Don't remember the airline.

We land in LA after a very short flight. I am in first class, with an open seat beside me. As the cabin door was closing an absolutely beautiful, stunning, beyond words beautiful young lady steps through the door and plops down beside me. Of course half the crap she was carrying spilled over into my lap.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Until:

She brushed her hair 27,845,321 times on the flight to Chicago
She told me about how she only dated Movie Producers, no one lower
She talked about all the cool food she ate on her extravagant dates
She checked her make up ever second she was not combing her hair, and
She asked me to carry half her crap to her next gate (yeah, I did)

Be careful what you wish for!

Old 08-27-2014, 04:44 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
She asked me to carry half her crap to her next gate (yeah, I did)
That's funny.

For those ladies that say the OP is "creepy". Studies show that guys think dirty thoughts once every 7 seconds.
It's not creepy, it's just us being the dogs that we are. Realize it. Accept it.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:14 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Near Christmas, 1975 maybe 1974. ...As the cabin door was closing an absolutely beautiful, stunning, beyond words beautiful young lady steps through the door and plops down beside me.
As if your list of unappealing traits wasn't enough, the fact that that stunningly beautiful woman is now in her late 60's (at the youngest) sort of ruins the fantasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Give the original poster a break. He's just echoing those deep and disturbed thoughts many of us have. Come on, admit it...
Maybe, years ago, but these days what I'm thinking is that I hope we end up next to some sweet old lady who tolerates young children well.

Last edited by otterprods; 08-27-2014 at 05:22 PM..

Old 08-27-2014, 05:42 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,386,038 times
I'm not talking about molesting anybody in the lavatory, just SITTING next to them by random assignment.

Sheesh y'all.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:59 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
After many years of air travel, I have come to the theory that is is impossible to sit next to a non-companion hot girl on an airplane with a conventional boarding system.
It's impossible (at least for me) because I am a frequent flyer who gets my choice of seats in advance. If I have to fly coach, I pick an exit row or bulkhead. So do pretty much all midsized to large men who know anything about flying. Women don't bother unless they, too, are large. So there's your answer.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:42 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,031 times
This is actually kinda along the lines of why I switched to Southwest. I know they're not the best - in fact, many Southwest planes are the least comfortable of the major airlines when you have to fly much of a distance (I say "many" because I've been on exactly two that were newer and nice). The cheap fare is a draw, but I think the open seating is pretty neat, too. I used to fly US Airways, and I never got to sit next to anyone cool. But I've been much more fortunate on Southwest flights, even when I'm the first to sit down in my row. I honestly think that part of it is just that Southwest airlines attracts customers who tend to be more chill, hence why they're willing to make the trade-off of cheaper fare for a mediocre plane.

Anyway, my advice for you is to talk to these "hot girls" while you're still at the airport. Are you too young to drink? If not, try an airport bar, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel