Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:54 AM

522 posts, read 695,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Ah, backtracking are you? Admit it, you LIED when you stated I that used the word "peasants" when it fact it was YOUR word. Additionally you LIED about me inheriting some fabulous amount from my father, when in fact I stated that I had inherited some books and other items of purely sentimental value. Get your facts straight and stop LYING and accusing others of things that simply aren't true.

I tell it like it is. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Annerk, I was the one who wrote that original comment. ScoopLV had nothing to do with it. At least look at the usernames before blowing your stack. On account of the peasants thing, you PM'd me that because you were (I guess?) upset that I called you out on the Greyhound bus statement. I ignored it and moved on, like any sane person would, until you started replying to every single post I made trying to get jabs at me... I guess if telling the truth now means lying then I would be a liar. In my opinion you are on a personal vendetta against those who disagree with your radical statements.

Last edited by JoanCrawford; 09-19-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
Annerk, I was the one who wrote that original comment. ScoopLV had nothing to do with it. At least look at the usernames before blowing your stack. On account of the peasants thing, you PM'd me that because you were (I guess?) upset that I called you out on the Greyhound bus statement. I ignored it and moved on, like any sane person would, until you started replying to every single post I made trying to get jabs at me... I guess if telling the truth now means lying then I would be a liar. In my opinion you are on a personal vendetta against those who disagree with your radical statements.
I have never PM'ed you. I went back through all my PM's to be sure before I posted this response. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

I still say that flying has become the new Greyhound. This thread proves that.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:16 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
Quote:
Ah, backtracking are you? Admit it, you LIED when you stated I that used the word "peasants" when it fact it was YOUR word. Additionally you LIED about me inheriting some fabulous amount from my father, when in fact I stated that I had inherited some books and other items of purely sentimental value. Get your facts straight and stop LYING and accusing others of things that simply aren't true.

I tell it like it is. Sometimes the truth hurts.
I'm guessing that you have so many made-up, online "enemies" that it's difficult to keep them all organized. I never said any of those things. You can go back and read all the posts in this thread. That would probably be a good thing to do.

I agree, truth can hurt. But I'm not the one feeling it today.

PS -- It's poor form to go around calling people liars when you don't have your facts straight.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I'm guessing that you have so many made-up, online "enemies" that it's difficult to keep them all organized. I never said any of those things. You can go back and read all the posts in this thread. That would probably be a good thing to do.

I agree, truth can hurt. But I'm not the one feeling it today.

PS -- It's poor form to go around calling people liars when you don't have your facts straight.
I apologize that I didn't notice the different poster using the same word. That's the difference between me and the other poster. My post was a mistake and I admitted it and apologized. I didn't fabricate words that were never said, just attributed it to the wrong person.

I'm not feeling hurt. At all.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:50 AM

522 posts, read 695,201 times
Quote:
I apologize that I didn't notice the different poster using the same word. That's the difference between me and the other poster. My post was a mistake and I admitted it and apologized. I didn't fabricate words that were never said, just attributed it to the wrong person.

I'm not feeling hurt. At all.
Funny how you were so spastic that you didn't even bother to look at ones username before going off on them. I worry about you, annerk. Tsk tsk tsk...

Old 09-19-2014, 12:02 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Tip the people who serve you until such time that we abolish this ridiculous system and pay people decent wages.
"We" pay people? Who's "we?"

Furthermore, who elected you judge on what's a "decent wage?" Who makes that determination? Can you point exactly to Article of the Constitution that allows "we" / "you" to decide what's a "decent wage" for a third party, while "we / you" are not part of the transaction?

Who asked you to butt-in between a buyer and seller in the private marketplace?

Old 09-19-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
Funny how you were so spastic that you didn't even bother to look at ones username before going off on them. I worry about you, annerk. Tsk tsk tsk...
So where is the proof that I ever PM'ed you? Evading again?

Old 09-19-2014, 12:59 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
I generally don't tip in places that don't have "tipped" employees. This is getting absurd. Anything but the company providing a living wage. Especially as much as you pay for a hotel room today.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:48 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
I have never tipped in a hotel. Never had bad service. If people think we are to tip them for providing a service, then what were they hired to do in the first place?

Old 09-19-2014, 03:33 PM

154 posts, read 535,781 times
Well I don't really know if tipping cleaning staff at lodging facilities is truly expected but I do know that it's a big question mark for many travelers. I always do leave a few bucks, or more, depending on the length of my stay. It just feels like the right thing to do. On the other hand, this thread has made me ponder why and how such tipping has evolved. Really it should be the hotels responsibility to pay these people a living wage. To clean rooms all day seems very tough. Goodness knows the messes some people leave. I just build the cost of the tips into my hotel budget. Also, if I see the cleaning staff in the hotel hallway I try to greet them. It seems they are practically invisible to most of us. It never hurts to be just a bit generous..hey at least these people are working and not asking for handouts being idle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel