Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 04:30 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,205,202 times

Advertisements

Butlins in Bognor Regis. Oh dear lord please save me from this hell.

Good dear this place was a tip, crappy cupboards all blue painted!! Mold!! Yuck.
We always stay in 4* and will never drop to this standard again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 09:43 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,419 times
A Days Inn in College park MD. Not even sure the place had a vacuum

Old 10-23-2014, 10:06 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Red Roof Inn-- the room was disgustingly dirty & they do not refund your money.
Non existent customer service- the place sucks.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:42 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
About eight years ago, I took my family down to Zion National Park in southern Utah and we made the mistake of staying at the Terrace Brook Lodge in Springdale. The place was simply terrible. the place is old and we stayed on the second floor which was accessible only through an outdoor wooden staircase. The staircase was so rickety that every time I used it, I thought I would fall right through. The stair railing was propped by pieces of wood to keep it from falling over. Inside the room, I found they had attempted to paint the walls. In the process, plenty of paint had gotten on the carpet, the bathroom fixtures, the light switches, and just about everything. The heater made such a racket at night that it was hard to sleep. There was no hot water in the shower. It was truly "motel from hell".

Old 10-25-2014, 09:09 AM

6,908 posts, read 7,666,364 times
Some dump in El Cajon, all the hotels to the west were full.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:16 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Bedbugs at a chain hotel in Revere, MA. The hotel could care less. I never went back.
Bedbugs do not always mean dirty. The Waldorf could have them, the top cruise ships have them on occasion. It just makes us think dirty.

For us, the dirtiest did have bedbugs and one was crawling on me in the middle of the night. But that wasn't the part that bothered us the most. It was cheap, we were going for 5 day trip to Tunica Mississippi and some sight seeing a little further south. We just wanted a place to relax a couple of days. The couple of days turned out to be one night. The towels were stained, the hall dirty, the sheets falling apart and the air barely worked. Let me tell everyone, if you don't this; Mississippi can be damned hot with little or no air the last week of August. WE learned what was meant by "if it is too good to be true" it isn't. The reviews however were not that bad.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
The only really disgusting place I ever stayed in:

Red Carpet Inn - on Reistertown Road in Baltimore, Maryland.

It was in a sketchy part of town. No lobby, just an immigrant clerk not fluent in English behind bullet-proof glass window. The motel is a "U" shape configuration that once had a swimming pool inside the courtyard - but it was filled in with dirt. The outdoor stairs and railings were rusty. The inside was dismal - the walls were painted "baby vomit" green and there were cigarette burn marks on the sink and bath tubs. A naked light bulb on the ceiling. The room smelled. When I got back from dinner, there were two homeless men sitting on my front door step! There was a raunchy dude with the lowest class of street hooker checking in. Even though I paid for two nights I fled the place the next morning without getting any kind of refund.

You can read my review - and others who back up my observations - on TripAdvisor.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:09 AM

518 posts, read 763,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
What is the filthiest or worst hotel room that you have ever stayed in? For me it is a hotel room in Gallup, New Mexico. The room was fine until I pulled back the bedspread and found small spots of someone else's dried blood on the fitted sheet. Upon asking the front desk for new sheets and returning to my room to make up the bed, I discovered the mattress protector was covered in hair of varying length and color from countless guests. After removing the mattress cover, which involved lifting up the mattress, I disovered that a previous guest had stuffed a pair of visibly dirty women's underwear between the mattress and the box spring that had been there for who knows how long. Throughly disgusted at this point, I decided to immediately check out of the hotel and move to another hotel.

Does anyone else have any nightmare stories like this?
Wow. Good discovery. Now it makes us wonder about how many hotels are like that.

I've never had one so bad that I actually left like that.

Worst one is a budget motel I checked into for an interview in las vegas for a job. It certainly was not "filthy" but definitely the cheaper one I've been to. The inside were quite bare and looked quite a bit older.

Ah well, no bed bugs so that was good.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:38 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Bedbugs do not always mean dirty. The Waldorf could have them, the top cruise ships have them on occasion. It just makes us think dirty.

For us, the dirtiest did have bedbugs and one was crawling on me in the middle of the night. But that wasn't the part that bothered us the most. It was cheap, we were going for 5 day trip to Tunica Mississippi and some sight seeing a little further south. We just wanted a place to relax a couple of days. The couple of days turned out to be one night. The towels were stained, the hall dirty, the sheets falling apart and the air barely worked. Let me tell everyone, if you don't this; Mississippi can be damned hot with little or no air the last week of August. WE learned what was meant by "if it is too good to be true" it isn't. The reviews however were not that bad.
It was also dirty. The biggest problem was that the hotel handled it very poorly. They just didn't care.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:26 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,044,051 times
I suppose I've been lucky. The scariest place I stayed was in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida-- the kind of place with a clerk behind bullet-proof glass and bars on the window. The room smelled of marijuana. But the bed looked clean.

The filthiest? Numerous places in San Diego. I also once stayed at a motel in San Diego in which everything in the room was unplugged upon arrival-- television, mini fridge, three lamps, the phone and the clock.

Strangest? In Idaho I once missed a check-in because the owner decided to close the lobby at 5:30 p.m. in order to watch something on TV at home.

My brother once found a gigantic scorpion in his bed in a hotel in Costa Rica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel