Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 11:07 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That's....interesting. A person makes a baseless & quite frankly an ignorant assumption about people who have tattoos & you think I appear uneducated. Fascinating.
Only through your responses... For example, did you really mean that my previous response was "fascinating", or were you thinking more along the lines of "annoying"?

Tallybalt's assumptions may actually be ignorant. I can't say because I don't have any statistics one way or another. But at least he/she has been trying to reason it out instead of just saying "wrong".

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-- Aristotle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 12:19 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Only through your responses... For example, did you really mean that my previous response was "fascinating", or were you thinking more along the lines of "annoying"?

Tallybalt's assumptions may actually be ignorant. I can't say because I don't have any statistics one way or another. But at least he/she has been trying to reason it out instead of just saying "wrong".

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-- Aristotle
No, I meant fascinating.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I actually don't know of anyone who regrets their tattoos. You do realize that people can have tattoos that you can't see, right?
And I have always wondered why people want a tatoo that can't be seen, that is even dumber than ones that can be. As for no one that is sorry, well, I am guessing it has to do with the type of people you hang out with or your friends are not about to admit they made a mistake. Only you know which it is, but many are sorry.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
[quote=Cantabridgienne;37525974]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think the word anger is the correct word to be using: let me ask you this: how many mid and upper management people do you see with tatoos? quote]

In my industry it's very common.
well I have no idea what business you are in, but I don't know of one where the CEO or even the middle management people are tatooed. I am sure there are exceptions to every rule.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
And I have always wondered why people want a tatoo that can't be seen, that is even dumber than ones that can be. As for no one that is sorry, well, I am guessing it has to do with the type of people you hang out with or your friends are not about to admit they made a mistake. Only you know which it is, but many are sorry.
That's right, I've never had a person tell me they regret their tattoo. Obviously I run around with a rag tag group.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:13 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Lol I see so many people who just think its so cool.....
And all I think is-
say no to body graffiti

Old 12-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Lol, I think people have been watching too much "Sons of Anarchy".

Old 12-05-2014, 07:56 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Tattoos are disgusting. They are mostly found on high school dropouts who are dumber than a door knob.

Nobody I know has them, or at least not in visible regions (arms, legs).

If you take public transit in a rougher area of this city you will see the white trash people covered in them.

Watch an NFL game this weekend and become educated. Brady, Romo and the Mannings don't have them. The QB from SF is covered as are most linemen.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:08 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
I don't think the word anger is the correct word to be using: let me ask you this: how many mid and upper management people do you see with tatoos? I haven't seen many. How many people do you know, as they get older and have grown up some regret getting them? I know several I might add, including our granddaughter. She has one just below her waistline, it only shows when she wears a swim suit and still she wishes she hadn't done it. I will add, she is a nurse practitioner, expecting her third baby and said she would be upset if her girls got branded, as she puts it when they are in college. Tatoos like too many body piercing gives the impression these people are not very bright. It certainly may not be true, but that is what others think.
Honestly, I've seen a lot of mid to upper management with them. Some are cleverly hidden. My favorite director/boss showed me her ankle tattoo one day and I was surprised. She always wore pants. And tramp stamp, chest tatoos, shoulders, etc. are easily covered in the workplace.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:11 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
[quote=Cantabridgienne;37525974]
Quote:
I don't think the word anger is the correct word to be using: let me ask you this: how many mid and upper management people do you see with tatoos? quote]

In my industry it's very common.
What is your industry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel