Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:12 AM

108 posts, read 114,002 times

Advertisements

I love to roam around and go crazy . I enjoy the travel and the new places but when I come home I feel so much nicer and I find the ultimate comfort in my own home and sleep on my own bed is the biggest blessing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 12:40 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,843,401 times
As soon as I come home I'm planning my next adventure.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:41 PM

527 posts, read 705,741 times
70% second type, 30% first type.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,809,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm the second type. I really dislike unpacking and returning to the daily grind.
Me too...went back to Michigan for a week for my son's wedding in Oct and tripped over my carry-on bag that I never unpacked YET....IT'S DECEMBER...

Old 12-07-2014, 04:20 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,608,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Imagine you just spent two weeks in a couple of completely foreign countries/cities and now you just returned to your home city/town.

There are usually two types of people.

The first type upon seeing all the things familiar, hearing their own language, usually feel relieved and happy. Everything looks so familiar, no need to struggle finding places, or change lodging every couple of nights, or wonder if people on the streets speak English or not, or have to sleep in the hotel any more.

The second type people feel bored or even gloomy being back for a week. The same old streets, buildings, bosses and coworkers. Nothing is exciting and nothing is new to them. You return to your routine life, doing the stuff you do every day with no much interesting looking forward to.

Which type are you?
I am definitely the second type. The idea of "being home" doesn't appeal to me that much.
I am tired and glad to be home. There is something to be said for sleeping in ones own bed.

I am sad my vacation if over and that I must return to work.

I am happy I had a great trip, saw new things and met new people.

I am thrilled to look over all of the pictures of the trip.

I am apathetic about the pile of laundry that I now have to do, but would rather look at pictures some more.

I am ready to start planning the next trip!

Old 12-07-2014, 07:01 PM

10,247 posts, read 13,761,827 times
I might feel a bit bummed because the vacation is over but I do like sleeping in my own bed again. I always like to take an extra day off on my vacation to readjust when I get home. I hate coming home and having to work the next day.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:09 PM

3,454 posts, read 4,902,056 times
Quote:

The second type people feel bored or even gloomy being back for a week. The same old streets, buildings, bosses and coworkers. Nothing is exciting and nothing is new to them. You return to your routine life, doing the stuff you do every day with no much interesting looking forward to.

Which type are you?
I am definitely the second type. The idea of "being home" doesn't appeal to me that much.
I'm solidly the second type as well, particularly because I don't have a home country, and by that I mean a country where I feel comfortably at home. The country of my residence, Canada, is the closest that comes to filling this role but it doesn't do it very well (the lack of a cohesive culture in this country contributes to that - everyone seems to be living in a micro-nation of their own).

I should add, however, that I don't like jumping from hotel to hotel when traveling. I prefer to spend a week in a rented apartment or some such thing that can feel like a temporary home.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:49 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,508,059 times
It depends on the trip in particular. If it's somewhere super foreign, I will have my fun and educational experience without feeling really uncomfortable, but still come back and feel happy to get back to some sort of routine, or see my friends after weeks to months of not being very well in touch.

Other times it can be very sad and dificult to readjust. When I go to visit Germany and come back I feel cored because I really love spending my time there, and it is a place I could live in. I also dated a girl from there but she just broke up with me. I'm actually going to see her one last time this month and then that's it. That will be especially tough. I need to marry a German one day.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:08 AM

9 posts, read 10,592 times
depends on vacation. but usually I glad to be home.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:43 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,197,450 times
Quote:
Imagine you just spent two weeks in a couple of completely foreign countries/cities and now you just returned to your home city/town.

There are usually two types of people.

The first type upon seeing all the things familiar, hearing their own language, usually feel relieved and happy. Everything looks so familiar, no need to struggle finding places, or change lodging every couple of nights, or wonder if people on the streets speak English or not, or have to sleep in the hotel any more.

Which type are you?
oh my you have left out so many possible feelings, feelings I think most of us share. For one thing, I never mind changing lodging, but I do enjoy cruising becasue we see so much without the constant moving from place to place. I do enjoy being around people that have a different background than I have.

Then you talk about bored when we get home? No, that isn't how most feel either. I think the majority fo people love a few weeks away from what they are familiar with, but are happy to get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel