Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 02:05 PM

21 posts, read 16,903 times

Advertisements

I am collecting information about the best places to visit on future trips.
I need useful tips: Could you please help and name some of the most beautiful places in the world which you think are worth photographing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 02:28 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,900,657 times
Well I'm not a world traveler, but I'll give you a few locales here in the US.

Maroon Bells

Bridal Veil Falls

Not easy to get to, but the Crystal Mill makes a great picture.

Beartooth Highway NE of Yellowstone

Badlands National Park

I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions. Those are a few of my faves.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:35 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
The national parks/forests/monuments of southern Utah. It's hard to take a bad picture in many areas around there.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:01 PM

4,792 posts, read 10,617,090 times
Imo, ..."most beautiful places in the world" have all been shot, by pros and in all kinds of light and composition. Not to mention most pros use well done Lightroom/Photoshop.

Not that 'we' don't all want to see some of those remarkable places, but as posters above noted, nearly every Nat Park, and even most 'scenic' two lane highways in the US, will have some great scenes and spots to shoot.

My list won't be someone else's list. Your idea of 'great scene' may not be mine or anyone else's best, etc.

Back at the Shooting Ranch, once one gets to that spot on the List, the time of day, the light, the weather, one's $500 cam vs the pros' bag of several $ and lenses, etc and most of us are not in the same league. Not that we can't enjoy it, shoot it, remember it...

Hit the road and go see stuff, avoid the tours/buses, catch early daylight and late afternoon/early eve light, shoot shoot and shoot some more.

All of us will have some fave places; most of us will 'know' the same couple of dozen, as will everyone else.
GL, mD

Road Trip Pics, no dawgs, but nothing out of ordinary in terms of it's all been shot before:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/452753...7627297418250/

Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM

1,872 posts, read 6,495,216 times
Almost every country, region, and area will have things worth photographing. There can never be one definitive list of such places.

Having said all that, here are some of the well-known ones I've been to (which have been photographed by thousands of others):

Maroon Bells, Colorado

Most anywhere off the beaten path in Colorado

Moab/southern Utah

Paris, France

Amalfi coast, Italy

London, UK

Croatia

Chicago, Illinois

Florence, Italy

Fiji

Lake Garda, Italy

Istanbul, Turkey

Prague, Czech Republic

Cinque Terre, Italy

Pretty much...

...anywhere...

...in...

...New Zealand

Old 01-29-2015, 04:14 PM

16,097 posts, read 10,766,542 times
I moved to New Mexico almost 2 years ago and have been awed by the beauty of the place. There are many places where you can stand and turn 90 degrees and take gorgeous pictures each time you turn. I always underestimated the beauty of the desert until I was here. It's a four season place so the images reflect the passing seasons depending on when you go.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:55 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,522,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosy traveler View Post
I am collecting information about the best places to visit on future trips.
I need useful tips: Could you please help and name some of the most beautiful places in the world which you think are worth photographing?
Truly every place, including dirty and ugly places, is worth photographing--and can produce beautiful photographs.

Here is the useful tip you need: figure out what you like to photograph. You may find street scenes beautiful, or abandoned buildings, water features, mountains, deserts, or boats. And figure out how to make great photos to capture those places.

Digital Photography Composition Tips - Digital Photography School
Guidelines for Better Photographic Composition.
9 Top Photography Composition Rules You Need To Know
Beginning Photography Tips: Top 10 Techniques for Better Pictures

Old 01-30-2015, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Well I'm not a world traveler, but I'll give you a few locales here in the US.

Maroon Bells

Bridal Veil Falls

Not easy to get to, but the Crystal Mill makes a great picture.

Beartooth Highway NE of Yellowstone

Badlands National Park

I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions. Those are a few of my faves.
Great ideas! Yes, Crystal Mill and these other places are worth to visit for taking magic pictures and for getting a bit adrenaline.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Imo, ..."most beautiful places in the world" have all been shot, by pros and in all kinds of light and composition. Not to mention most pros use well done Lightroom/Photoshop.

Not that 'we' don't all want to see some of those remarkable places, but as posters above noted, nearly every Nat Park, and even most 'scenic' two lane highways in the US, will have some great scenes and spots to shoot.

My list won't be someone else's list. Your idea of 'great scene' may not be mine or anyone else's best, etc.

Back at the Shooting Ranch, once one gets to that spot on the List, the time of day, the light, the weather, one's $500 cam vs the pros' bag of several $ and lenses, etc and most of us are not in the same league. Not that we can't enjoy it, shoot it, remember it...

Hit the road and go see stuff, avoid the tours/buses, catch early daylight and late afternoon/early eve light, shoot shoot and shoot some more.

All of us will have some fave places; most of us will 'know' the same couple of dozen, as will everyone else.
GL, mD

Road Trip Pics, no dawgs, but nothing out of ordinary in terms of it's all been shot before:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/452753...7627297418250/
First of all your pictures fascinate! Honestly I'm not good at photographing, tell me please is it possible only by very expensive camera, to make such photos? But yes, I can't stop admire them. Thanks a lot for such delight!
I agree everyone has his own list of 'great scene' and I'd like to get to know people's different preferences to open my mind.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Almost every country, region, and area will have things worth photographing. There can never be one definitive list of such places.
Wow! Your photos are fantastic! Are you agree being my teacher?
Thanks a lot for photos, I'm going to pack my suitcase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel