Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would sitting at a pool at a beach resort be relaxing?
YES, I would be in heaven! 18 12.68%
Maybe, but only for a couple of days 31 21.83%
If I could find some good books and mixed drinks 25 17.61%
NO, it would be boring as hell! 68 47.89%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:20 AM

178 posts, read 282,147 times

Advertisements

My moms like that! Every summer her dream is every single day sit at our rental complex pool and listen to her mp3 player and read!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 09:48 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
It's not just about being on the beach all day. Rather waking up at what ever time you want b/c you're on vacation, walk out to the balcony and there's beach right in front of you. Eat and drink when and however much you want. My girlfriend and I have been to Jamaica and Bahamas doing this, and we love it. Work kicks our ass, the last thing we want to do is go on vacation and be on the go all the time. Sometimes you just want to vegetate for 5 days and not worry about anything.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:36 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
I would have thought it to be a boring choice for a vacation, except we did it several years ago and had a lovely time. Some friends ended up with an upgraded two bedroom suite at a vacation resort on Oahu and invited us over for the week to hang out with them. We went to see our friends but had a great time at the resort. Much more so than I expected.

It wasn't just a swimming pool, it was a whole interlocked set of swimming places. There was the water slide out of a rock formation, there was the swim up bar, the sand access, the grotto, the noisy water volleyball area, ocean swimming nearby, hot tubs everywhere, grilling and picnic areas, etc. etc. Several restaurants to choose from inside the hotel and no real need to leave the complex.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Exactly! Travel vs vacation. Both are great but they can be separate things.

I found on the one cruise I have taken so far that it was a great combination of relaxing vacation and interesting travel and activities during the port excursions
That is how we got hooked on cruising: the combination of things to do and the best of both worlds.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:17 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I guess I don't understand the question. Why would you go to the beach and then find a swimming pool to sit around. Your at the beach so just sit on the beach. We live near the beach so for us being close by is a part of life. we are active though and prefer to do things at the beach. Surfing, Sailing, playing in the water. I could spend all month at the beach if I could afford it, but I would be doing something while I was there. As it is I have to work during the day and can only get to the beach after work or on weekends.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:53 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
I would like to do a mix of site seeing and relaxing by a beach or pool.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:58 PM

421 posts, read 328,557 times
In Hawaii yep although i would like to do sightseeing and relaxing

Old 02-27-2015, 03:14 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,794,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I guess I don't understand the question. Why would you go to the beach and then find a swimming pool to sit around. Your at the beach so just sit on the beach. We live near the beach so for us being close by is a part of life. we are active though and prefer to do things at the beach. Surfing, Sailing, playing in the water. I could spend all month at the beach if I could afford it, but I would be doing something while I was there. As it is I have to work during the day and can only get to the beach after work or on weekends.
For me it depends on what the water is like on the beach, I prefer to swim in crystal clear water with no rocks or seaweed. The water at the beaches I've been in the northeast are the complete opposite.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:39 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinita View Post
The thing that bothers me most about this poll would be sitting at a pool at a beach.... I would much rather just be sitting at the actual beach, hearing waves, possibly seeing sea turtles,etc at a natural, secluded beach vs. a crowded all-inclusive resort type of place.

My idea of heaven is packing a nice lunch, some books or magazines, my snorkel and a decent beach chair and just hanging out at the beach for 4-6 hours at a time, swimming or taking a walk in between reading whatever I want, having a cocktail, etc. My next vacation will be 90% doing exactly that, weather permitting.

^^^ this is me, to a "T"

oh, how I miss being able to get to a salt water beach easily.....

Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
For me it depends on what the water is like on the beach, I prefer to swim in crystal clear water with no rocks or seaweed. The water at the beaches I've been in the northeast are the complete opposite.
True, even here in the Pacific in the Southern California area you won't have crystal clear water. Realize that those waves are moving that sand down the coast. we do have some amazing dive areas around here though. Lots to see in the sea. LOL. I guess the idea of going to the beach and going to the pool are two very differant things for me. I know a few people with pools at their homes at the beach. Around here that is very few as the homes tend to be built on most of the land that you own when you live at the beach. One home I am aware of has a pool in the first floor area with the living area and bedrooms on the second and third floor. That place is kind of cool. Still for me the ocean is a place to have some fun in the water, preferably riding the waves, or sailing out a bit, or maybe taking out a Kayak. That to me is a blast as well. I do love to just hang out on the sand as well though. I could spend all day just hanging out at the beach. Then again that has been my life for my entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel