Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 11:21 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

This is an interesting case and issue. Too many Americans fail to take into consideration foreign countries do not regard insurance or liability like we do. I hope this man recovers completely and Airbnb will cover all his expenses. If not I hope he has a good lawyer lined up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/yo...-stories-below
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 03:55 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
This is an interesting case and issue. Too many Americans fail to take into consideration foreign countries do not regard insurance or liability like we do. I hope this man recovers completely and Airbnb will cover all his expenses. If not I hope he has a good lawyer lined up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/yo...-stories-below

Dogs have teeth. It's a possibility they could bite. Even if the owners say--"ahhh, he won't hurt-cha"

Dog owners fail to realize they don't control the dogs mind.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:18 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
WE LOVE Airbnb.com and have used them extensively.....sorry but little sympathy for someone that is willing to stick their hand/arm in an attack dogs face. We have used both US and international, never an issue. I guess if you have concerns, ASK before you ARRIVE about what they have in the way of animals!

Our daughter has a Amsted-Rot and my sister a Chihuahua.......EXPERIENCE has told me to be MUCH more afraid of the smaller dog!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2015, 09:37 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
I haven't used Airbnb, but this is more so usually because I can find better deals at a hotel or hostels via Priceline.com or another site and its all about getting the cheapest price for me (no, I don't want to live a shack, but I have generally had pretty solid accommodations experiences). Still, I have no inherent problem with it and could see how it could benefit me in the future (its obviously benefiting many others now). For this case here, Airbnb certainly wasn't obligated to pay for this man's medical bills. It would have been a huge business mistake, however, had they dug their heals in and not ultimately paid for those bills. Once this story went public via a major newspaper, Airbnb not doing "the right thing" would not have been good for business. No, they likely wouldn't have been in any serious financial mess had they stuck to their guns, but they would risk losing more in business than the man's medical bills are worth.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:07 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
good PR is like money in the bank. Bad PR takes a long time to overcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel