Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 02:45 PM

493 posts, read 385,738 times

Advertisements

After receiving some feedback and looking back and forth of places to visit in August or Labor Day weekend; I decided to visit Mexico City as first time visit to Mexico even though I originally thought about going to either Cancun/Playa Del Carmen or Punta Cana, DR resorts solo but changed my mind today last minute for various reasons and also mainly because prices were double (over $800 for all inclusive vs. $475 only flight + hotel for my current trip during a holiday weekend!)

I will arrive at Mexico City Airport at 2:44 PM on Friday, September 4th and stay at Hotel Amigo Zocalo located in downtown (looks great location with free breakfast and wifi.) I will book a sightseeing tour guide online and think Hop-on-Hop-Off multiple day would be perfect because I can't speak Spanish and never been to Mexico before and scared of safety because I will travel solo and never been to any non-Western/rich country and city. Any suggestion of tour guides?

What is the best and safest way to take myself from the airport to downtown hotel? When leaving Mexico, how should I take myself back to the airport as well on Monday morning when my plane will depart at 9 AM?
Also can I pay with US Dollars, or pay with Mexican Peso? Are things (fast food) cheap in Mexico? Where should I exchange money, or should I pay with US credit card instead? Do things closes down early in Mexico City? What about on Sunday? What clothing should I bring and how will weather be in early September? I plan on bringing backpack only, no other luggage. I will only do sightseeing basically; no drinking or nightclubs as I will most likely go to bed at 8 or 9 pm. Total trip days will be 3 nights - should be more than enough. Been to Paris and London for 1.5 days and saw a lot with the help of tour bus!

Please help I'm excited but at the same time very nervous and worried!! This is solo trip and I'm a young male so I'm a little nervous. Thanks for your help, feedback and suggestion.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel