Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:35 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
Also those that do it frequently have a system that they follow that allows them they to avoid the lines, at least this was back before you could pay for whatever line skip system they have. I haven't been to Disney for over 15 years, but I remember that the key was to bolt for the most popular ride which was at the back of the park. Most people will start from the from the front and work their way around so after a few hours the popular lines got filled. Then there are certain rides that aren't busy at certain hours, etc.

The other thing is that those that do it over and over aren't trying to cram everything in a day or even two or 3. They will be content to spend time on only a few rides or in one area of the park. It's kinda the same as going to Europe for a week. You can either spend your time visiting 2 or 3 locations but not really getting to fully experience the places you go to or you can stay in one place and experience everything it has to offer. If you expect to be able to do both you are going to be disappointed.
Please don't compare the Disney abomination and an entire continent filled with unique cultural experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 10:36 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
My daughter loved it, that's what matters!
Lol...this is why. You answered your own question!

Old 06-12-2015, 10:39 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Disney simply does every detail first rate, down to the most minute detail. The place is spotless, the attractions are well done, and they treat you very well.

My Ex GF daughter was a dancer in the Lion King show, and we went a few times to Disney. Always enjoyed it and wanted to go back again and again.

Don

Old 06-13-2015, 12:27 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,063 times
Sung to the tune of "It's A Small World"...

"it's a long wait after all,
It's a long wait after all.
Once inside, it's a two minute ride,
It's a long, long wait."

With apologies to the Sherman Brothers.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:49 AM

82 posts, read 360,252 times
We've done Disney a couple of times now and the second time was definitely better than the first. Because we didn't feel a mad rush to do everything again. Because we understood the best way to use the fastpass system (this really can make a huge difference). Because we figured out that going back to the hotel for a nap after lunch meant awake, not cranky, kids for the parade and the fireworks/shows. Because we planned it well enough but still left time for just wandering and discovering things.

And what Don said. The place is run incredibly, exceptionally well.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:18 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
When i was a kid we always used to go to Disney in October/November, never waited longer than 45 mins for a ride.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:59 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Fast passes for the Magic Kingdom are quirky. You can select three rides in advance, then it is the luck of the draw. We didn't stay all day. I am sure we would have been able to do a lot more if we had.

Definitely the rain put a damper on things. My daughter loved it, that's what matters!
They aren't "quirky" ... that's just how they work. And if you use and understand them, you save a ton of time waiting in lines.

So you spent part of a day and it sounds like you didn't plan. So yeah, you probably didn't get the most out of your experience.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:22 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
They aren't "quirky" ... that's just how they work. And if you use and understand them, you save a ton of time waiting in lines.

So you spent part of a day and it sounds like you didn't plan. So yeah, you probably didn't get the most out of your experience.
They are quirky compared to Universal. You can only choose three rides ahead of time. Then you have to stand in line at a kiosk to chose your next fast pass. (One at a time) Many times they are gone for the popular rides, so you have to wait in the line. IMO it's quirky.

Like I sad of was pouring rain. There weren't any characters walking about. We didn't see any helpers, everyone working there seemed to have disappeared. A rainy day I am sure interfered with the experience.

I don't need to be attacked for not enjoying it. I am asking an honest question. People rave about Disney, and I don't get it. There is no signage telling you where the rides are. (Maps were soaked). We did our fast pass rides, went to stand in line for space mountain. After an hour we were told the ride was broken. We left, went to couple of attractions, back in line for space mountain, broke down again.

The park was flooded on areas, so we were soaked head to toe, rain coming down and standing in long lines. Just one of those days. Thanks those for the insight.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:04 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:

I don't need to be attacked for not enjoying it. I am asking an honest question. People rave about Disney, and I don't get it. There is no signage telling you where the rides are. (Maps were soaked). We did our fast pass rides, went to stand in line for space mountain. After an hour we were told the ride was broken. We left, went to couple of attractions, back in line for space mountain, broke down again.

The park was flooded on areas, so we were soaked head to toe, rain coming down and standing in long lines. Just one of those days. Thanks those for the insight.
No one's attacking you. Just stating facts. You spent part of one rainy day with no prior planning. No, it's not going to be enjoyable under those circumstances, and no you're not going to "get it."

Old 06-13-2015, 08:16 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
No one's attacking you. Just stating facts. You spent part of one rainy day with no prior planning. No, it's not going to be enjoyable under those circumstances, and no you're not going to "get it."
Um...where did I say we didn't plan ahead of time? Maybe it's just the way you post, they read as condescending. A crowded place with long lines is not something we personally enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel