Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 07:35 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,153,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay first off have any of you been to Paris lately ? My sister was telling me the gypsy pick pockets are even worse now than they had been when we were there two years ago and I can only imagine how it is with all the immigrants trying to go to and fro . I would say London and another city but not anywhere in Germany since they are taking in immigrants as well . Maybe Madrid if you can manage that ? Or maybe somewhere in Italy ? yes heathrow to rome is less than a hundred dollars .
In any metropolitan city, you always have to be on guard. Biggest tip that I can give you is to buy a money belt/pouch (I forgot the exact wording of it). You can put your money in that, and wear it under your clothing. We went in May, we didn't have any issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 05:07 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Copenhagen seems to have a lot to offer for kids-you get a reasonable scale city with amusement parks (Tivoli Gardens, the original Legoland) and castles for them to explore, generally quite safe and fun to explore as a family by bicycle and a little below the radar for North American tourists so it would seem more 'foreign' to them. Also London-Copenhagen is well-served by the budget carriers and sub-$100 one way tickets for that route abound. (Just understand the different carry on and hold baggage rules and costs before booking with Ryanair, easy jet and the like; if you have to check a bag, BA often ends up cheaper than the discount carriers.)

Old 10-25-2015, 09:02 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay first off have any of you been to Paris lately ? My sister was telling me the gypsy pick pockets are even worse now than they had been when we were there two years ago and I can only imagine how it is with all the immigrants trying to go to and fro . I would say London and another city but not anywhere in Germany since they are taking in immigrants as well . Maybe Madrid if you can manage that ? Or maybe somewhere in Italy ? yes heathrow to rome is less than a hundred dollars .
I was there in March. They were no worse then than previous.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:03 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,920,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
If they don't like anything but tv and video games, save your money and leave them at home.
I'd be tempted to leave the little b******s at home too, but they're your kids and you owe them the favor of exposing them to the world, forbidding TV and video games while on the trip, and encouraging them to participate in their life.

London is the best European city for kids, especially if they don't speak a foreign language, followed by Rome and then all the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel