Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2015, 07:27 AM

81 posts, read 71,571 times

Advertisements

i live in toronto but i am planning to go San Antonio, Texas but i was wondering what is the cheapest time to go there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 07:38 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,875,263 times
Only semi-kidding about this, but probably the middle of July when it's 105 in the shade. Can't imagine there are a lot of folks clamoring to take leisure trips there then.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:42 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,335,862 times
Probably the cheapest time will be in the months July- September when the weather is unbearable.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:43 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,687 posts, read 57,985,728 times
SAT can be done VERY cheap anytime of the yr. There are lots of offerings and it is served by SWA. AUS (45 min away) is served by Frontier who has been offering $29 flights from various places. There is LOTS to do in the region. Wildflowers are a highlight season (but hard to predict precise weeks). And it is crowded in prime areas. (Lodging). I seldom use hotel / motel and often use Hospitality exchange - Wikitravel $10 / night worldwide, including many excellent stays I have had in Hill Country. TX

Thanksgiving to Christmas is my favorite time in SAT area. Many towns are lit up and have holiday parades, concerts, festivities. Free, Free, and free This is also a good time to be GONE from Toronto. We had a guest speaker and families from Toronto at our Thanksgiving conference in Comfort, TX only a few weeks ago, they appreciated the temps of 26 c highs and 2 c lows. Plenty of free events and great food.

I wouldn't bother coming in July - Sept, as it might be too unbearably hot to have an enjoyable time. For those months you want to be in BC or PNW USA. (Fresh Salmon and wild berries) (also free). Our hospitality guests enjoy their FREE Alder Smoked Salmon bakes and fresh wild berries for Breakfast.

In TX, you will be getting BBQ brisket for your free dinners.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:16 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehan2390 View Post
i live in toronto but i am planning to go San Antonio, Texas but i was wondering what is the cheapest time to go there?
San Antonio is a low cost city, but I would not go during the cheapest time which is the summer. The best weather is March - May and October - December so I would expect those months to be the most expensive. The best time for weather and beauty is April.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:29 AM

25 posts, read 26,010 times
ofcourse july at that time best whether so.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:50 AM

4,265 posts, read 8,167,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
San Antonio is a low cost city, but I would not go during the cheapest time which is the summer. The best weather is March - May and October - December so I would expect those months to be the most expensive. The best time for weather and beauty is April.
Lived in SA for 5 years+, DO NOT come during the summer, if you aren't used to that, it will make your time miserable. April is usually really nice, but, they have Fiesta at the end of the month and prices go way up.. As above, October-December is gorgeous there. Was just there in November and the weather was pretty nice and prices were really cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel