Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to take the same vacation every year
YES! If I enjoy it, why not 70 67.96%
NO, it shows fear and lack of intellectual interest 23 22.33%
Maybe, if the price was right 10 9.71%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:26 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times

Advertisements

My sister has a time share so she goes every year to get out of the snow....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 04:09 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,127 times
On my husbands side of the family... a distant relative owns cabins on a lake in Vermont. Every year, each family will rent one cabin and have an annual family get together.

Sure, some don't do it every year - but there are some that do. My husband and I were able to go last year, but we weren't able to go for a few years previous to that.

So, I understand why your cousin does this.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:47 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Lake Champlain? I can understand that!

Old 01-11-2016, 04:11 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likable View Post
My cousin has two weeks of vacation in his job. He takes it all at once. Two weeks at a resort in Northern Minnesota. The same resort, the same weeks and the same cabin. This for the last 15 years.

Is there something to be said for sticking with the tried and true vacation as long as you like it?
I think it's totally fine. I take the same vacation every year too. Sure, I could go other places but I don't really want to.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:49 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
I like to go to different places, but definitely understand returning to a favorite spot too. Many people in the Philly area own/rent homes at the same place on the Jersey Shore every Summer. Growing up, my neighbors in Philly happened to be our neighbors down the shore LOL. My Cousins in the Boston area have rented the same home on Cape Cod for nearly 30 years every Summer. My Mom always says "I can't believe they never bought a place after all those years" but maybe it would be too much of a hassle to own something, and would make the vacations stressful.

I could never work all year and use my vacation time at once though-I like to spread it out with "mini-vacations" or long weekends over the year but I also have more than 2 weeks.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
It's his vacation.. He can do what he wants. Personally, that is not my cup of tea, but, more power to him

Old 01-13-2016, 10:23 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
It's his vacation.. He can do what he wants. Personally, that is not my cup of tea, but, more power to him
Guys! guys! you are responding to a user that has been banned multiple times and creates new IDs each time (note the "not a member" under the OP). The legitimacy of the very topic should be questioned.

In other words, you are wasting time and bandwidth on this thread.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
As far as it is not my vacation I don't care.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Guys! guys! you are responding to a user that has been banned multiple times and creates new IDs each time (note the "not a member" under the OP). The legitimacy of the very topic should be questioned.

In other words, you are wasting time and bandwidth on this thread.
Lol, which is why I didn't bother responding. Once you see "not a member", you should be done.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:24 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Yes, we do the same thing basically, I am from MN so his vacay would not be mine.
We drive to San Diego every year and stay at the same resort for a week but we take a slightly different path in and out.
We schedule 5 days to get there and 5 to get home, usually staying @ KOA's and some hotels if a KOA is not on our path.
Last summer we stayed 3 nights to see Old Faithful @ Yellowstone National Park, then 1 night in Utah and
headed down to Vegas for 1 night to show the kids the "shiny shiny strip" we walked around at 2 am and it was still 105 degrees, OMG.
We ate at a cool buffet and headed to our resort the next morning so we could watch 4th of July fireworks over the San Diego Bay that evening.

On our trip home we always stop in Havasu city and a small tourist trap town for photo ops every year with our kids, we take pics at the same location, but this year we went to the Hoover Dam also.
Every 2-3 years we stop at the Grand Canyon on the way home.
We also stop at Mount Rushmore/Black Hills.
We like to mix it up but like to return to the same areas too.

This year we will stop at Glenwood Springs, Colorado to ride the swing and Royal Gorge to walk the bridge.

Giant Canyon Swing Colorado Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel