Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:05 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,551,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
I am looking into our 6 night honeymoon for next October and am pretty much in between Aruba and Playa del carmen Mexico. I have been to and loved both. My fiance has not been to Aruba tho (i had previously gone with an ex eek). If we did Aruba we would do the Bucuti and Tara beach resort and if we do Playa we would do the Royal Playa del carmen. The Royal is all inclusive and Bucuti is not. Think they are both adults only. Was at first leaning towards Aruba because our date falls within hurricane season. Decided to add Mexico into the mix because we loved it so much last time and the price. It would basically be the same price as Aruba but would obviously be the better bargain since it includes food/drinks. Not sure about airfare yet since it is too early. What would you guys do? Is there any other suggestions besides these 2 places? Thanks!
Personally, I would limit my choices to the nonstop destinations from PHL. You don't want to risk messing up the first night of your honeymoon by a missed connection where you are in an overpriced airport hotel in Florida. There is enough choices among the nonstop destinations that it isn't worth the risk.
  1. Aruba,
  2. Cancún,
  3. Bermuda,
  4. Nassau,
  5. Montego Bay,
  6. Punta Cana,
  7. San Juan
    --------------------Seasonal:
  8. Georgetown (Grand Cayman),
  9. Providenciales (Turks and Caicos Islands),
  10. Santo Domingo–Las Américas (Dominican Republic),
  11. St. Lucia,
  12. St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands)
I don't see the point in going to the same places where both of you have been. It's more fun to have your honeymoon experiences in a fresh place where they can't be compared to your previous visit with other people.

If money is no object, than Saint Lucia with a population of 165,595 . It was ruled seven times each by the French and British.

Although "all you can eat" seems the cheapest way to go, I think a honeymoon should be about exploring together. Save the AYCE for later in the marriage.

I would rule out San Juan, Nassau, Santo Domingo and St Thomas as they are more urban destinations (unless you like that).

Last edited by PacoMartin; 04-17-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 03:20 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
Turks and Caicos are awesome however that time of year I would lean towards the abc islands so Aruba would win. They rarely take direct hits from hurricanes so you would minimize your risks with that. I’ve heard great things about curaçao from friends but never actually been there myself. We also love Roatan and St John but both have hurricane risks.
Ditto on Curaçao. Rave reviews but I also have not been there myself.

Add me to the list for going somewhere neither of you have already been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel