Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 08:24 PM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times

Advertisements

I am flying in to the only airport in the region and going to another city of 150k thats about an hour away. My flight is supposed to be in around 7.

A couple of questions:

1. Its a nearly 5 hour flight I am taking. If its supposed to land at 7, how long would it take to get the luggage (one checked bag) and get out of the airport? Supershuttle requires a reservation, not sure what time to set it for.

2. Is supershuttle generally reliable/on time, or do they make you wait? If the flight lands at 7 and then my destination is another hour drive, what time would you say I could reasonably arrive there?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 08:46 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
I have only used them three times, and my best advice would be to ask them. From my experiences they are pretty on time with their schedule but they build in a lot of buffer. On top of that they make multiple stops for other passengers so if you're the last stop at one hour away, I'd assume potentially they'd give you a 2.5 hour ETA...so if you leave depart at 730 you'd arrive at 10p lol.

I've only made reservations with them for a ride to the airport (twice)...the one time I rode from the airport I had to go to the pickup location to wait (LAX)

Old 03-14-2016, 08:52 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
Depending where you are Super Shuttle often has more than one option ranging anywhere from sharing a van with others to having meet and greet service with your own limo. I have only used the share a van service. Once I was the last stop. The other time I was the first stop. If using this service you might be sitting in the van for 15 minutes or more waiting for the other riders to show. Then you might or might not make several stops before getting to your destination.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:32 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
As already said, I would ask Supershuttle what time they recommend you make the reservation for. In some larger airports, one doesn't have to make an advance reservation with Supershuttle although I believe it might be more costly to just take Supershuttle whenever available after one's arrival at the destination airport.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:00 AM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
We used SS extensively for over 30 years when we lived in Phoenix. Only had a problem once when they were late picking us up at our home. Airport pickups were seamless, but sometimes required a delayed departure while we waited for others with reservations to arrive.

We ALWAYS gave them our departure or arrival time and let them set the pickup time. They know what they are doing.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:34 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,979 times
It really depends a lot on where you are flying into, and where you are going.
here in Denver, the SS has several routes, and they depart the airport on basically an hourly schedule. For most larger airports, I suspect that they do the same thing.

If you flight arrives at seven, you can expect to be de-planed, with luggage in hand probably 20-30 minutes later. I would say the best bet for getting luggage and being ready to board the shuttle would be around 8. All of this, of course depends on the airport, airline, and weather, and all that.

And your arrival at destination by shuttle is going to depend on when they actually depart the airport, and what kind of stops they make before getting to your destination.

For example:
I live about an hour out of Denver. The shuttle I take leaves at 20 after the hour, and I am usually home about an hour and a half after departure from the airport. Using my trips as an example, then, arriving at 7, with luggage to collect, the soonest I can get the shuttle for home is 8:20 and I get home about 9:45-10:00

Old 03-15-2016, 03:59 PM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
It really depends a lot on where you are flying into, and where you are going.
here in Denver, the SS has several routes, and they depart the airport on basically an hourly schedule. For most larger airports, I suspect that they do the same thing.

If you flight arrives at seven, you can expect to be de-planed, with luggage in hand probably 20-30 minutes later. I would say the best bet for getting luggage and being ready to board the shuttle would be around 8. All of this, of course depends on the airport, airline, and weather, and all that.

And your arrival at destination by shuttle is going to depend on when they actually depart the airport, and what kind of stops they make before getting to your destination.

For example:
I live about an hour out of Denver. The shuttle I take leaves at 20 after the hour, and I am usually home about an hour and a half after departure from the airport. Using my trips as an example, then, arriving at 7, with luggage to collect, the soonest I can get the shuttle for home is 8:20 and I get home about 9:45-10:00
Very helpful. Thanks.

Do they tell you in advance what time to board the shuttle when getting picked up from the airport?

Old 03-15-2016, 04:18 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,050,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Very helpful. Thanks.

Do they tell you in advance what time to board the shuttle when getting picked up from the airport?
It probably depends on the airport, and also the time of day. Better call and check with the SS counter at your specific airport.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:10 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Very helpful. Thanks.

They generally have set schedules leaving the airport. It has been so in my experiences at several airports.

You generally locate their service desk and check in, and they direct you to the pick up location, and give you the time of the next departure.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Normally they are very reliable and will be able to tell you exactly what to do, etc. I would suggest you ask them all the questions. They are great at having exactly the correct answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel