Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 02:59 PM

11,936 posts, read 12,997,443 times

Advertisements

Been to beaches all over the world and most of the Caribbean.

Hands down Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 04:02 PM

278 posts, read 332,273 times
Bodega Bay in N. Cali

Old 04-30-2016, 04:05 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,823,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Been to beaches all over the world and most of the Caribbean.

Hands down Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, Florida.
I think the domestic beaches are being given short shift too. We've traveled throughout the Caribbean, and the water can't be beat. But for the beaches? The USA has beautiful ones. I love the Outer Banks of NC, and the west coast of FL.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:10 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,237,091 times
I have to list several, because each are beautiful for different reasons.

Orient Beach - St Maarten. For me, a classic white sand Caribbean Beach. With cool bars and restaurants behind me, beautiful blue water with all sort of water activities taking place, just classic in my book.

Waikiki Beach - Honolulu, HI. The beauty here is about the iconic view of Diamondhead while standing in the water. There's hotels and the city behind you, and the beach itself is for me a top flight classic tourist beach. But it succeed in every way on that front.

Lanikai Beach - Kailua, HI. Much more serene, less touristy. White sand, blue water. You park in a residential area and walk through a path to the beach. Just something about laying there taking in everything is lasting beauty in my mind.

South Beach - Miami, FL. It's the atmosphere. The nighttime scene. The beach itself. This is a combo deal, where both put together makes for a great experience.

Outer Banks - Rodanthe, NC. THe previous poster mentioned this, and it brought back a great memory. I hooked up my camping trailer and headed there from Boston to camp for 5 days. My site was right in a dune on the beach. It was peaceful. I purchased a kite at Kitty Hawk Kites, had a drink at my trailer, then went out on the beach, put on some music, and flew my kite.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:27 PM

719 posts, read 1,050,980 times
This is going to reveal my lack of travel to many beaches but my favorite is the Isle of Palms near Charleston SC. What I love the most is the soft subtropical feel of the air at night . I don't even get there as much as I would like.

Last edited by senecaman; 04-30-2016 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-30-2016, 04:56 PM

743 posts, read 761,791 times
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:33 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,102,440 times
Capri. The overall gorgeousness.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:49 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,823,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I have to list several, because each are beautiful for different reasons.

Orient Beach - St Maarten. For me, a classic white sand Caribbean Beach. With cool bars and restaurants behind me, beautiful blue water with all sort of water activities taking place, just classic in my book.

Outer Banks - Rodanthe, NC. THe previous poster mentioned this, and it brought back a great memory. I hooked up my camping trailer and headed there from Boston to camp for 5 days. My site was right in a dune on the beach. It was peaceful. I purchased a kite at Kitty Hawk Kites, had a drink at my trailer, then went out on the beach, put on some music, and flew my kite.
Love Orient Beach( our favorite spot in the Caribbean) as well as the Outer Banks, where we bought kites and introduced our kids to the joy of flying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey.
Another favorite! I'm not a fan of the water off the NJ shore, but I do love the beaches at Wildwood, and LBI.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:53 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,360,832 times
Looks like Alaska with bad housing. No thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Antibes, France.

The ocean was so clear and blue that it instantly reminds me why the area is called "cote d'azur".

Old 04-30-2016, 05:55 PM

14,250 posts, read 17,848,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Whitehaven Beach, Australia

https://news.experienceoz.com.au/top...-in-australia/

The place was surreal.
This ^^^^^

No bars, no stores, no resorts, no restaurants, no houses, nothing. Not even a jetty. Just the purest white sands you have ever seen.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel