Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:11 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,080,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnccoco View Post
We walked around (huffing and puffing up the long hill) near the new cabin below Bella Vista and Bear's Den. Looking in the windows it does appear to be finished and it's for sale. Looks a little smaller than the other 2.

We did drive up to the top of the mountain on both sides (I think one side is called Cahotta Mountain and the other side Sunrock)......a little too high for me and the mountain to the right was not paved.
I felt like I was holding on for dear life going up the Cahutta side of the mountain! Too steep for me, very pleased with our choice that trip.

I liked the easy access to Bella Vista and Bear's den (and my car did too!).
I know what you mean,I have a fear of heights.The view on Sunrock is breathtaking though.That's the one I drove up in my truck,the one that wasn't paved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 6,874 times
Hello All!

I'm new to this site and we're hoping to take a trip to Blue Ridge this summer. I would have thought there would be more posts on this forum for cabin rentals. I did google in both these cabins listed above and wow - they both look great.

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether we're better renting directly from an owner or one of the management companies? I've read some posts on other sites about some companies in particular to stay away from.
We want the best experience from both the cabin we select as well as the people/company we deal with.
Thanks!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,369 times
I looked on that cabin rentals of georgia site but I didnt' see Bella Vista Lodge or the Bear's Den, but I did google in Bella Vista Lodge in Blue Ridge, GA and a cabin came up.
Is this the same one?

Old 03-28-2007, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,329 times
You might try the melancholy moose lodge cabin. The cabin has everything. We had a great stay and the owners are super to work with.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy3 View Post
I looked on that cabin rentals of georgia site but I didnt' see Bella Vista Lodge or the Bear's Den, but I did google in Bella Vista Lodge in Blue Ridge, GA and a cabin came up.
Is this the same one?
The Bella Vista must of been sold because it's no longer on the website I posted in another post.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMtnMan View Post
You might try the melancholy moose lodge cabin. The cabin has everything. We had a great stay and the owners are super to work with.
I have been looking at this cabin for quite a while.It's a little small in the living room but I think it's still a great looking cabin.I was kinda of waiting for them to finish that third bedroom in the basement.It's still at 150.00 a night but I'm sure that will go up soon.I was renting from Kaylor mountain cabins and they just raised there prices from 160.00 to 185.00.I still think these are great prices for what your getting and a free night to boot from Kaylor.People still need to check out Premier cabin rentals,which is now First class cabin rentals and also the one I had mentioned Moderator cut: commercial ad link

Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aGAgirl View Post
Hello All!

I'm new to this site and we're hoping to take a trip to Blue Ridge this summer. I would have thought there would be more posts on this forum for cabin rentals. I did google in both these cabins listed above and wow - they both look great.

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether we're better renting directly from an owner or one of the management companies? I've read some posts on other sites about some companies in particular to stay away from.
We want the best experience from both the cabin we select as well as the people/company we deal with.
Thanks!
try and google blue ridge georgia trip advisor,their are some comments in there about certain companies to stay away from.Also some of the websites offer renters comments but I'm sure that the ones that post a negative about the property,get deleted.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,254 times
Default Georgia Cabins

I have owned a few cabins in rental programs in N. Georgia and stayed at others prior to buying. It is all about the size of the cabin, the little extras (furnishings, big TV, pool table, etc.) and the number of people you want to put in them. I personally am partial to the Elk Horn Lodge (Kaylor Mountain Cabins) Moderator cut: commercial ad link of the ones that have been mentioned here. I am familiar with a few of the others mentioned and they too are nice. When you're putting 2 families (8 people) in a cabin like the Elk Horn, the price is really not a big deal.

G

Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 8,838 times
I have the cabin next door to the Bella Vista Lodge. Same owners and they are still renting just managing themselves now instead of with a management company.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 05-02-2007 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: Deleted name of your cabins; considered advertising.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,120 times
Try Tica Cabin Rentals in Blue Ridge. They have a new cabin called Big Sky Lodge. I have been there and it is very nice with a great mountain view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel