U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2006, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,956,581 times
Reputation: 459

Advertisements

I'm always looking for the nicest cabins to rent in Blue Ridge Georgia.I know I posted in another thread that I stayed at the Elk Horn Lodge which is rented out by Kaylormtncabins.com. For the price by night and including a free night depending on days stayed you can't beat this deal.I also recommend Premiercabinrentals.com or I think their called First Class cabin rentals now.I was going to stay at one of their cabins but the person I talked with that one day seemed really rude so I never called them back,but don't let that stop you from renting from them.I thought I had found the best cabins in Blue Ridge to rent til I came across this place, Cabin Rentals of Georgia Moderator cut: commercial ad link They cost a little more but they have really nice cabins.The one I think I will be renting next is the Bella Vista Lodge.What I didn't know was that this cabin is on the same mountain as the cabin I rented,the Elk Horn Lodge.If you look at the photos of the Bella Vista Lodge,the one with the hot-tub and fireplace outside.The Elk Horn cabin is right below that picture,if you look to the right side of the hot-tub you can see the roof of a little building.I pick these paticular cabins because of the hot-tub and firleplace on the porches.I just wish they would set the hot-tubs with a better view of the fireplaces.Anyways,just thought I would share if anyone is thinking about going to Blue Ridge Georgia and was thinking about places to stay.

Last edited by CabinFever; 11-24-2006 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2006, 07:30 PM
 
9 posts, read 35,272 times
Reputation: 12
Smile Bella Vista Lodge & The Bear's Den

..........if you're traveling with another family and need more than one cabin, we just found The Bear's Den which is new to the rental market and is located just down the street from Bella Vista. Both are very similar, 3/3, both have screened in porches with wood burning fireplaces and hot tubs. The Bear's Den is also with cabin rentals of georgia.

We just rented both for a family gathering and had a great time! We were able to walk to the Bear's Den from Bella Vista. The Bear's Den had a nice pool table and poker table while Bella Vista had a pool table and an arcade game.

We would definately recommend both cabins especially those traveling in larger groups. I know we'll definately be back.

Oh and great mountain views on both!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2006, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,956,581 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnccoco View Post
..........if you're traveling with another family and need more than one cabin, we just found The Bear's Den which is new to the rental market and is located just down the street from Bella Vista. Both are very similar, 3/3, both have screened in porches with wood burning fireplaces and hot tubs. The Bear's Den is also with cabin rentals of georgia.

We just rented both for a family gathering and had a great time! We were able to walk to the Bear's Den from Bella Vista. The Bear's Den had a nice pool table and poker table while Bella Vista had a pool table and an arcade game.

We would definately recommend both cabins especially those traveling in larger groups. I know we'll definately be back.

Oh and great mountain views on both!
I'm trying to figure out where the Bears Den is.Is it on the same road as Bella Vista?I know when you start coming down the road you take a right to go to the Bella Vista.The cabin I stayed at was the Elkhorn Lodge,it's on the same road as the Bella Vista.The road that continues past the Bella Vista,which dead-ends into the Elkhorn Lodge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2006, 04:20 AM
 
Location: FL
1,943 posts, read 7,909,801 times
Reputation: 2272
CF, Did youever stay in any cabins in Tennessee? Particulary around Greeneville/Knoxville area? Or close to those areas? Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2006, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,956,581 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
CF, Did youever stay in any cabins in Tennessee? Particulary around Greeneville/Knoxville area? Or close to those areas? Any recommendations?
You would think as much as I love Tennessee,I would have rented a cabin there.Sorry. My girlfriend is always at me to rent us a cabin in Tennessee.I've looked at some in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.These were some really nice cabins but they were all on top of one another.I want a cabin with some privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2006, 04:27 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,928 posts, read 30,888,538 times
Reputation: 30587
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
You would think as much as I love Tennessee,I would have rented a cabin there.Sorry. My girlfriend is always at me to rent us a cabin in Tennessee.I've looked at some in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.These were some really nice cabins but they were all on top of one another.I want a cabin with some privacy.
Have you tried renting from VRBO? We have great luck with that in North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,956,581 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Have you tried renting from VRBO? We have great luck with that in North Carolina.
Hey INLC. That's where I first started looking at cabins was with VRBO and greatrentals.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
 
9 posts, read 35,272 times
Reputation: 12
Default The Bear's Den - Sunrock Mnt

The Bear's Den is right on the corner when you take the right to go to Bella Vista. There's only 3 cabins total on the whole road, Bears Den, Bella Vista and then Elk Horn. I haven't seen Elk Horn but I heard that was nice. We decided on the two because it was easier to deal with one company.

I think The Bears Den was just built earlier this year and went into the rental program within the past month because our group was one of the first renters (guests) to stay there.

It was really nice. Decorated with all custom made log furniture which was pretty cool. The views were amazing even from the game room on the lower level.

If you look on cabin rental of georgia website, there are pics up of The Bear's Den.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,956,581 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnccoco View Post
The Bear's Den is right on the corner when you take the right to go to Bella Vista. There's only 3 cabins total on the whole road, Bears Den, Bella Vista and then Elk Horn. I haven't seen Elk Horn but I heard that was nice. We decided on the two because it was easier to deal with one company.

I think The Bears Den was just built earlier this year and went into the rental program within the past month because our group was one of the first renters (guests) to stay there.

It was really nice. Decorated with all custom made log furniture which was pretty cool. The views were amazing even from the game room on the lower level.

If you look on cabin rental of georgia website, there are pics up of The Bear's Den.
The last time we stayed at the Elkhorn was this past June.It is a nice cabin but the hot-tub has some temperature issues.I could never get the temperature setting on it to work properly.I know they were building a cabin right below the Bella Vista that last time we were there.The had just set out the framing package for it.Do you know if that cabin has been finished?We had to deal with the sound of saws and nail-guns,but the porch had speakers from the stereo inside so we would turn up the music and get in the hot-tub and it would drown it all out.Did yall get a chance to drive to the top of Sunrock mountain?There are some amazing views at the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
 
9 posts, read 35,272 times
Reputation: 12
Default Sunrock Mountain

We walked around (huffing and puffing up the long hill) near the new cabin below Bella Vista and Bear's Den. Looking in the windows it does appear to be finished and it's for sale. Looks a little smaller than the other 2.

We did drive up to the top of the mountain on both sides (I think one side is called Cahotta Mountain and the other side Sunrock)......a little too high for me and the mountain to the right was not paved.
I felt like I was holding on for dear life going up the Cahutta side of the mountain! Too steep for me, very pleased with our choice that trip.

I liked the easy access to Bella Vista and Bear's den (and my car did too!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top