Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:49 AM

239 posts, read 724,025 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious what airline do most of you travel with the most or your favorite airline? The reason I'm asking is because I will be flying for the 1st time later this year and I'm trying to decide which airline would be best for me. I'm thinking about Southwest & Delta, if you have any experience with any of those let me know. But yea what's your favorite airline & which one would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 10:53 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
Alaska Air!

Old 06-11-2016, 01:41 PM

743 posts, read 875,129 times
I really like JetBlue. They have "even more space" seating available, free unlimited snacks/drinks, assigned seats, etc. Southwest is okay, but you can't select your seat so it seems I was always near the back of the plane. You really need to check in online as early as you can so you're in a better seat up front. It's a no frills airline. Delta is okay as well. For short flights, no big deal with either airline you choose. Alaska Air is really good, like the other poster wrote. I would choose them over the other two.

International I like British Airways. Always had great service with them.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:52 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
I have very little airline loyalty...I fly a lot and pretty much balance out schedule convenience and price with little regard for the brand itself. I've had very good and bad experiences with probably every single US airline. That said, Southwest and Jetblue both make me happy. They both have very strong customer service. The flying experience goes to Jetblue (most of their planes have free wifi, free personal entertainment aka tv with cable/games) and their snacks are by far the best for coach class. Southwest otoh scores a ton of points for their free checked bags and free flight changes up to 30 min of departure, which for someone who travels a lot pretty much means I can book whatever I want on Southwest on the off chance that I'll actually be going...I can lock in low prices and if they drop further I can always get that credit back.

Pretty much every national or "legacy" carrier in Asia would be my favorite if we're expanding beyond the US.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:04 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
US Airways has always suited my needs, so its "up there," if for that reason alone. But, in terms of overall experience, I liked how efficient Norwegian Air was (and I loved riding on their new Dreamliners); not to mention the flight crew was friendly. Delta is nice for international flights only in my experience; the crews on domestic flights that I've been on have always had major attitude problems. Over all, though, I think Korean Air takes the cake in terms of comfort, friendliness of flight staff, and quality of in-flight service/food. But I last flew with them in 2008, so I don't know if they've gone downhill since.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:11 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Hawaiian. Have had good service from Delta, though some of their planes seem old.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:15 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,227 times
Southwest and JetBlue are both very good, I use them the most by far for domestic travel. Overall, Singapore Airlines is my absolute favorite. They treat you like royalty, even in economy class. ANA, Virgin Australia, Lufthansa and KLM are excellent as well.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:04 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
I like Delta. I used to like Northwest.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:55 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Southwest and Delta are both solid to good airlines. I generally prefer Delta because they've got more daily flight options out of my area and I like assigned seats. And the more other airports I go through, the more I appreciate the ATL- yes, it's way too big but it has a very easy and logical layout.

What's your flight route? It can make a big difference with that questions in terms of schedule, availability of non-stop flights instead of having to connect, etc.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:19 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Depends on which airline best serves your destinations,

For USA, I prefer SWA, most importantly; free ez route changes / and 2 free checked bags, one-way fares are very ez to plan your own routing.
1) get on and GO... They turn planes faster than any others, no seat assignments, no need to cram in everything into carry-on ( free checked bags)
2) staff is happy (generally). Happy flight crew is nice. Opposite of legacy carriers... Bitter flight crews / union in-fighting / lost pensions / legacy carriers have weak earnings as a company, so everyone is tense.
3) SWA is profitable
4) SWA CEO wears blue jeans

Problem with SWA.... Everyone is flying them, = crowded. You first notice at check-in lines... All other airline counters are empty, SWA is full.

Do not fly any carrier in summer time if you can avoid it. Crowded and weather delays in Midwest... Storms and tornadoes.

I have premium status on UA and Delta, but will not fly them in USA (expensive / impossible to change flights or scheduled time.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel