Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:17 PM

670 posts, read 479,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
i will try continue my post about the 4 parts of Spain ,.-

3)Andalucia.-which has unique cities in the world a Cities of a universal romantic legend.
Granada and Seville and many others that would make , this post endless,.

Andalucia has a architecture of white villages that is completely different of North and Centre of Spain.
Also there is Malaga and Marbella capital of Coast of the Sun of the ports of yachts,beaches and of maximun luxury,and mansions in port Banus etc etc .-

4)The Mediterrean area more of the north has cities as Barcelona that has a architecture of several geniouses as Gaudi,A city when many architects visit as the Meca of architecture modern.-And Valencia with the City of Arts of Calatrava that is spectacular exhibition of current architecture with things like the greater Aquarium of Europe ,etc etc .It is a Area also of wonderful beaches.-

The Balearic Islands are in this area ,Mallorca.Menorca and Ibiza where many young people from all over Europe come from holidays with to wonderful beaches and a party halls impresive, and ,full of beautiful and many yachts etc etc

This is just a very general idea.---., For example There is , places like in Granada that is full of treasures that tourists rarely visit .It is a incredible city.-

And Madrid many tourists believe they know and they is not have idea.-Only the Escorial and the Royal Palace that is the largest of Europe is much more largest that Versalles and that it is full of treasures(Is about to open a museum giant to display these treasures royal,Carriages,jewelry ,watches,furniture etc etc Other thing the Convent Of the Royal Descalzas where the women of Royal Family of Absburgo they entered with all yours treasures.
Also there is a dozen of Royals sites that are Precious Palaces, around of Madrid.

By only The of Escorial already deserves to a visit to Madrid.Only a thing has the best library of Magic of the world who today consult by the magicians from all over the World.-

Many forget that in Madrid governed an Empire with more centuries than the British your empire and that here there are many treasures-
o wow thanks for all the detailed information!! Very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 02:55 PM

570 posts, read 604,894 times
Pyllygirl123,.
As I see that in any case you are going to visit Granada , Seville and madrid
I suggest, some things you not should miss of see IN these cities -
In this post I want only inform you on Granada,.-

In Granada the Catholic Kings and Emperor Carlos V they wanted to demonstrate that the culture Christian was as important as the mUslim of the Alhambra and they ordered to all the religious orders to build with its best architects there. And the Emperor Carlos V he build in the Alhambra a Palace that was truly Imperial-

There are a dozen baroque Churches wonderful in Granada that You should not miss, at least of Cartuja where each door is built by a Carthusian 40 years of his life with caoba ,ivory and glass of Venice.also and the Basilica of San Juan de God the poorest Saint that has the richest Church . That Only opens of during few time the day as if there is not interest in teaching to tourism.-It is in covered in Gold and it is awesome .-

In front of mountain of Alhambra is the hill the Albaycin from where you can see the Alhambra
and from where the vision with Sierra Nevada at the bottom gives a view at night that is unspeakable .-

In the Albaycin ,there is a lookout called Saint Nicolas where there always there is young people at night with their guitars in front of Alhambra a wonderful that hypnotizes you,.-

Curiosly many tourists from the USA have read that President Clinton made the comment he that "in his life he has seen at sunset in the world as in the lookout of Saint Nicolas ".And they ask today, for the lookout of President Clinton, and not by the lookout of Saint Nicolas

Below this lookout there are several restaurants of different categories in the outdoor of rooftop dining and you can not miss a romantic dinner in one of these places

Finally I will leave a couplet that is the motto of Granada,.-

"Give alms woman, because there is nothing on earth like the misfortune of being blind
in Granada".-

!AH! if you visit Granada in JUne not miss you a concert in the famous festival
of Classical music in the Palace of Carlos V in the Alhambra ,You will give me in the future, Thanks for for this suggestion .-

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS INFORMATION ,AND YOU, ASK ME. I WILL TELL YOU WITH PLEASURE ABOUT MADRID OR SEVILLE MOST COMMENTS-
-

Old 02-14-2017, 02:46 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Yes! we have a similar itinerary. How many days did you spend in Madrid? Did you stop anywhere on your drive through Andalucía? Any recommendations? I would love to go to Valencia but just not enough time. Especially since it is a foodie city. Our main focus on vacation is food! Can't wait for Spain!
We spent three nights in Madrid. If you aren't museum/palace/history travelers, two nights would suffice.
Be sure to take at least one food tour and one walking tour. I loved the art museums best, but if you don't, at least catch the free admission hours on Sunday and evening hours. Also, one of the local train lines to the tmain rail station is under construction; so we used the buses.
We spent four nights in Seville and two each in Rhonda and Granada (with a car because the train line to Granada is also under construction). All wonderful. I am very much a home cook and foodie but usually only eat a big restaurant meal once a day, with breakfast being coffee and a croissant ( or in Spain maybe a ham sandwich or churro!) and lunch being at a bar (try a tinto! With tapas. My favorite souvenirs are always from local grocery stores. All my foodie girlfriends got Spanish paprika in fun, colorful cans! Affordable vacation.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:53 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
We loved Ronda. It is a special place.

Also Alhambra.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:46 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,881,848 times
Getting a car and driving through the whitewashed villages of Andalusia. Olvera is beautiful.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:39 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
isstarling

Thank you very much for your comment .-As Boticheli says,even he is missing to you. the North of Spain in places
where you eat extraordinarily well and the cities have the charm of the "Belle Epoque"with beautiful beaches in san sebastian and santander where of Kings and nobility were of summer vacations in all the whole of XX Century.-

And in areas when the wonderful mountains Cantabricas they are most next of beaches in Europe. For example in Asturias and Cantabria in cities as ,Oviedo,santader etc.-

And still lack a trip to Castilla to see castles and cities wonderful ,of others times , like Avila ,Segovia o Salamanca.
Salamanca one of the 3 oldest universities in the World with a student atmosphere(35 ooo student of all Europe) and many wonderful buildings renancentists, golden.-
Finally someone mentioned Salamanca! I love it so. Hope to return this spring/summer. I NEVER omit Salamanca when I go.

Also, why is Burgos never recommended? It is special.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:46 AM

Tangelag.-

You are well accompanied in your admiration for Salamanca .

You will know that the current ones emperors of Japan when they were on the honeymoon in Salamanca and they fell in love with this city to they the point ,that they ordered ,to make copies of the facades of their main buildings to see them in Japan all his life.

And all the years they send by exchange very many japanese students to University of Salamanca and the Choir of the University they is invited to Japan often to remember Salamanca .-

The she grateful University, with them,she gave them a VICTOR that is a signal made with bull blood that is Stamped in the wall of University he that obtained the doctorate in this University in the Centuries past .And there it is in the wall, if you wants see it in your next trip to Salamanca.-

A old University that had teachers for example , as the , P. VITORIA.the creator in the XVI Century of the INTERNATIONAL LAW and in the XX Century to a Giant teacher of Philosophy as UNAMUNO .And a student as HERNAN CORTES conqueror of mexico.-

A city that have, nothing less, that 2 wonderful Cathedrals ,and 2 Monumental Universities and the CLERECIA the pontifical University that has an renaissance style impresive building and one Greater Square that I admire to the same Napoleon.

The nighlife atmosphere of Salamanca with your 35000 students of all the world is unforgettable for any student that he study in Salamanca

Salamanca is a of the 4 oldest Universities in the world, with Bologna ,Oxford , and the Sorbona of Paris but its noble buildings of Golden stone color, are incomparable with any other.-

Old 02-15-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Getting a car and driving through the whitewashed villages of Andalusia. Olvera is beautiful.
Ok will add that one to the list ! Have you gone to any of the others ? Grazelema, Zahara ? Was thinking of stopping there on the way to Ronda.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:45 AM

it is incredible that Spain is num 1 in tourism (75 miilions in 2016) and proportionally the few americans who visit Spain.-

And also the many american writers who fell in love Spain years ago.-

Hemingway,Whasington Irving,Dos Pasos,Orson Welles he even wanted to bury his ashes in Spain.Michener
author of Sayonara who made a book about Spain IBERIA that they wore all the american Tourists years ago.-etc etc

These famous writers that so much, did they talk about Spain, must now be little read in USA.-

Old 02-21-2017, 03:48 PM

Has anyone done a biking tour to the wineries in Ronda? We wanted to do a winery tour and bike the countryside but can't seem to find any details on this online. I was able to map out the distance to two wineries, Bodega Joaquin Fernandez and Bodegas Vetas and it seems reasonable. But wasn't sure if the roads are dangerous for biking or not ? Any ideas? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel