Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 11:06 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times

Advertisements

I don't think I've actually travelled more than 150 miles for a concert. I lived in a rural town halfway between two large cities so that was pretty much required if anyone wanted to see a big-name concert. Same with professional sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 04:47 PM

1,804 posts, read 1,955,655 times
If not part of a planned trip of a week or more, probably as far as NYC for the weekend (3-5 hours depending on traffic by car). Since most concerts are in the evening, it would require an overnight stay. For me, the furthest I've traveled just to see a certain singer/band was just an hour away (sorry, the Rockettes don't count). Pollstar is usually a reliable gauge for most singers/artists where you can sort by city, then if you don't see them listed, just bring up that band and go from there.

Keep in mind that for actors, it is much more difficult to negotiate an appearance since they generally don't make as many public appearances, unless if they're appearing on a certain talk/variety show, so it can often be a good idea to ask representatives of certain TV shows when they'll be appearing, along with getting studio audience tickets (this is generally only for the largest cities like NYC, LA, or London). Actors don't visit mid-sized cities like bands, singers, and even some touring comedians do, and it's generally the luck of the draw, and should be addressed by caution. Many simply sell autographs separately these days, even though its not the same as having your name alongside the star's. Once again, If its across the country or an ocean, it must be part of a longer itinerary to make the most of the place.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:07 PM

28 posts, read 17,310 times
Lat month i went to Mumbai to just have a glimpse of Deepika Padukone on the promotions of XXX ..though my office Boss did not give me the permission to took leave still I went there without taking any tension of the job..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel