Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 08:13 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
I'd say, yes, go to Europe and enjoy it... while it lasts. Europe is turning into Europistan. Twenty years from now, it will be majority Muslim in most of the big cities. London is already 60% immigrants and has a Muslim mayor.

I'm not saying that Europe will cease to exist; the architecture and museums will still be there. But Europe's essential nature is changing. The newcomers are bringing a very different culture and way of life, and they are not assimilating.

For tourists, the security is pretty good. But you should avoid wearing religious symbolism (especially Jewish) if you plan on walking around the neighborhoods at night. Jews are getting assaulted in the Muslim areas. Wearing a cross might be problematic as well. Ladies and teens should dress modestly to avoid attracting the rape gangs that are common in Sweden and Germany.

Stay away from Alberta Canada as well as Calgary has a Muslim mayor and Edmonton has/had a Jewish mayor. And Muslims in the US are assisting Jews in repairing their cemeteries that are being vandalized. What about the Sikhs and Hindus there are being shot down in the US for being "Muslim". It is a good thing that there are Americans on this thread who are able to tell Europeans here on what is going on in their own countries as they seem unaware that their countries have been taken over by Muslims. Was it last year or the year before that US news and politicians announced that Birmingham UK was a majority Muslim city and a no go zone for British police which apparently shocked all the people in Birmingham including the police.

I am sure that there are plenty of Canadians that are just as paranoid about Muslims and immigrants as well. I remember when they were afraid that the "Packies" were taking over Canada and selling all the jobs and were going to take over our culture. The result is we now have on cable in some areas "Hockey Night in Canada" being broadcast in one of their languages in addition to English and French.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 08:37 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,937,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What a load of cobblers! Come to Europe, wear what you like and stop watching Fox news!
Never mind Fox news. Put on a yarmulke (Jewish head covering) and walk around some neighborhoods in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Malmo, Paris, London, Brussels and you'll find out firsthand. Make sure your next-of-kin has your login to city-data so they can tell us what hospital you're at, or what morgue.

A reporter's experiment walking around Copenhagen wearing a Jewish head covering: curses, middle fingers, and death threats.

10 hours in Paris - BBC finds it hard to believe (but they abhor even rumors of anti-Muslim discrimination)

Record levels of anti-Semitic violence in the U.K.

Pearls before swine, I suppose, but perhaps some open minded people with a moral conscience will take the time to educate themselves and learn what's happening, before things go too far.

Diversity of itself isn't a terrible thing. But when soldiers are having to guard synagogues and Jewish schools, something's seriously wrong over there. And let's not forget that 80-year-old Catholic priest murdered by a Muslim in France a few months ago.

As I posted earlier, yes, go to Europe, but go with open eyes and an open mind. This is not the same Europe as 30 years ago.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:53 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Gosh, some of you really hate Muslims. It's bizarre.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:58 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
Here's a tip: if you're that afraid, stay home!

Old 03-14-2017, 09:07 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I don't understand the afraid to travel mentality but everyone has to do what they feel is best. I've traveled overseas the last 3 years and am flying to Barcelona this year to take a cruise. I have friends who tell me I shouldn't leave the States.

I can't live my life that way, never have and I'm not young. I was in New York the weekend before 9/11, left on a ship on 9/10 very late, sailed past the towers, then they were gone. We had to continue the cruise, sailed to Montreal, was an ordeal flying home but life happens, good and bad.

I don't pre-worry, don't judge other people, or group people in one huge lump, I enjoy traveling and hope to for a very long time.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:24 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Never mind Fox news. Put on a yarmulke (Jewish head covering) and walk around some neighborhoods in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Malmo, Paris, London, Brussels and you'll find out firsthand. Make sure your next-of-kin has your login to city-data so they can tell us what hospital you're at, or what morgue.

A reporter's experiment walking around Copenhagen wearing a Jewish head covering: curses, middle fingers, and death threats.

10 hours in Paris - BBC finds it hard to believe (but they abhor even rumors of anti-Muslim discrimination)

Pearls before swine, I suppose, but perhaps some open minded people with a moral conscience will take the time to educate themselves and learn what's happening, before things go too far.

Diversity of itself isn't a terrible thing. But when soldiers are having to guard synagogues and Jewish schools, something's seriously wrong over there. And let's not forget that 80-year-old Catholic priest murdered by a Muslim in France a few months ago.

As I posted earlier, yes, go to Europe, but go with open eyes and an open mind. This is not the same Europe as 30 years ago.

And Jewish girls have been cursed and spit upon in Israel by Ultra Orthodox Jews. And Jews, Hindus and Muslims have received death threats in the United States and schools an synagogues in Canada and the US have had bomb threats and vandalism from white supremists groups. Men shot in Seattle and Kansas just for looking like they might be a Muslim therefore are you willing to travel within the US? Or Muslims shot while they were praying in Canada, or blacks while they were praying by a white Christian, how is that different from incidents in Europe? Your own government has people in it that are anti Semitic and you too have far right media that promotes that plus anti Muslim, anti Black and anti Latino. There is no denying that anti Semitism is on the rise but is it correct to blame it on or only on the Muslims?

Old 03-14-2017, 10:13 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,937,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And Jewish girls have been cursed and spit upon in Israel by Ultra Orthodox Jews. And Jews, Hindus and Muslims have received death threats in the United States and schools an synagogues in Canada and the US have had bomb threats and vandalism from white supremists groups. Men shot in Seattle and Kansas just for looking like they might be a Muslim therefore are you willing to travel within the US? Or Muslims shot while they were praying in Canada, or blacks while they were praying by a white Christian, how is that different from incidents in Europe? Your own government has people in it that are anti Semitic and you too have far right media that promotes that plus anti Muslim, anti Black and anti Latino. There is no denying that anti Semitism is on the rise but is it correct to blame it on or only on the Muslims?
Yup, pretty much, plus some white supremacists but those kooks have always been that way. The Muslim presence in Europe is something new. Almost all the terrorism in Europe in recent years has been by Muslims, a huge number of the hate crimes and rapes are Muslims. But keep on downplaying this stuff and see where it gets you. Don't forget to mention the Crusaders, by the way.

I didn't say, don't go to Europe. I just said, go with your eyes open.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:27 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:

I wouldn't think twice about visiting any city in Europe, admittedly I don't live there but I CAN tell you about London first hand, you can walk around the city wearing whatever you damn well like and you will be fine, London is a city that has EVERY nationality and religion represented on this planet and they all live side by side in what is quite frankly a far safer city than similar sized cities in the US. Stop being so bloody paranoid.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:35 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
It is simply wrong to assume third world countries are more dangerous to start with.

I visited Jordan the past winter. And so many of my friends in North America were like "be careful!!!" as if I were in war wrecked Syria. Then I showed them statistics that Amman is way safer than the majority of American cities and how lower crime rates than cities like Seattle or Boston. .
Jordan is not considered a third world country.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:52 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,444,309 times
It's the job of European tourist boards to placate people's fears. It's not the job of tourists to "soldier on" if they hear troubling news from overseas.

Heck, Mayor Bill DeBlasio of New York was recently lamenting a supposed loss of tourist money because of the way American domestic politics are perceived overseas. Make of that what you will, but if New York hotel owners sit around and call Frenchmen "cowards" then they are just losing money.

The idea is to fix the problem, not blame tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel