Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 05:40 PM

862 posts, read 1,197,086 times

Advertisements

Two years ago I had booked into Denver's Octobearfest. It's an event sponsored by the Front Range Bears ( a group of local gay men ). Anyway I paid my deposit for Octobearfest and paid for the hotel room too. After I did this the guys decided to call this "a celebration of marijuana" to tell guys that they are 420 friendly. When I got there they told me NO it wouldn't be a good idea to go to their events because I didn't smoke pot. They ( The Front Range Bears ) refunded my money but the hotel would not. Since I live in Denver anyway it really wasn't that big of a deal but what would be the result if I lived out of town like Boston or Atlanta? How can they say NO ??

Have you ever been denied entrance to some event when traveling ?? In the past I have heard of some of those who were into theme parks but for one reason or another they could not get in like not having a child with them when the park requires it but they didn't go into details what happened next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 11:33 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan1968 View Post
Two years ago I had booked into Denver's Octobearfest. It's an event sponsored by the Front Range Bears ( a group of local gay men ). Anyway I paid my deposit for Octobearfest and paid for the hotel room too. After I did this the guys decided to call this "a celebration of marijuana" to tell guys that they are 420 friendly. When I got there they told me NO it wouldn't be a good idea to go to their events because I didn't smoke pot. They ( The Front Range Bears ) refunded my money but the hotel would not. Since I live in Denver anyway it really wasn't that big of a deal but what would be the result if I lived out of town like Boston or Atlanta? How can they say NO ??
Did they actually say "no" or just that it wouldn't be a good idea for you to go. To me, that sounds like they were saying that since you don't smoke pot you might not enjoy yourself, but if you really want to go...

It does seem weird though that they would completely change the event. How far away did they change the theme? If it was months prior, at least that would have been enough time for people to change their plans. But if they didn't tell people until they showed up to the event, it seems like it would turn people off from trying to attend the event in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel