Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 08:27 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times

Advertisements

We're flying roundtrip to Iceland with them next week for $198. Can't beat that for a roundtrip from Chicago to Reykjavik.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 09:19 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Flew WOW Air last year from LAX to Keflavik, with a connecting flight to continental Europe. We took our Camelbak bottles, filled them with drinking water once we cleared screenings both legs. Food we brought non perishables, supplemented with what we bought at the airport. The food on board, offered for purchase, was microwaved sandwiches, so don't think you will be able to buy a whole meal tray similar to what is served on other airlines. I prefer to eat my own food on other airlines as well, so this was not a big deal for me, nor the water since I don't drink sodas or booze.

Between the three of us we had one checked bag which was plenty for our three week stay, and each of us got one carry on and one personal item. For entertainment they will rent you an iPad, but I have my own so I just used that. All in all it was a pleasant flight, and the leg from LAX to Iceland was blessedly comfortable compared to KLM, so much leg room I could cross my legs! Not to mention, we saved so much compared to KLM that I was able to fly my whole family on the price of one ticket with KLM. Will definitely fly again with WOW Air so long as the deal is there.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:15 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,430,332 times
I will be flying with them next week. Did my homework about the food, carry on and so on.
My question is, can I pay with US dollars or Euro's at the Iceland airport?

Oh, about reimbursing tickets. I made last year a AM PM mistake, with Delta, seen it within minutes but Delta does not reimburse, period.

I Get my tickets through Expedia, but make two different purchases Saves a lot of money, Fly from Louisville KY to Amsterdam for 540 dollar. When booking the whole trip it is at least 1200.

W'll see if it is good or bad. I bought a cheap ticket and wil get cheap service,so what.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:29 PM

75 posts, read 90,737 times
We flew from SFO to Paris this past spring on WOW for $200 per person (one way). We paid around $75 each for checking our suitcase (4 total), which I new before booking. And we did buy a meal (sandwich) each on the plane (about $9 each). The flight itself was comfortable enough, flight attendants were pleasant, leg room was very generous, and there were plugs to charge our devices. Even with extra costs it was a great deal. I'd fly with them again.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:10 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
I flew round trip on WOW from LA to Reykjavik and back. My departing flight was in the second row and the chair was comfortable enough. The return leg was another story. Sat in the sixth row and had a hard uncomfortable seat. That leg was my worst experience with any airline. Not sure if I had a premium seat on the departing flight or if it had better seats in general.

They'll hit you with many extra charges as well. Still came out cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel