Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:08 AM

3,607 posts, read 7,915,344 times

Advertisements

There are no bad airlines only bad flights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Aeroflot

I knew something wasn't quite right when the seatbelt was a rope!
...except...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 11:07 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
There are no bad airlines only bad flights.

or bad experiences, but very true.

My worst experience was the first time i went to Europe back in 2006, left Cincinnati in the afternoon, had to park beside the gate for approx 3 hours before we were cleared to go to Newark, we were too late to catch my connecting flight to Amsterdam, they did give me a hotel and transportation for the night to catch the international flight the next day.. learned then to always carry a backpack with 1 change of clothes because you may not get your luggage til you reach your final destination in such a situation, I know i didn't and even then it came on flight later than mine that day. Im pretty reasonable, I understand things happen so I didn't put up a stink about it at any time even though I was quite annoyed--I think most people would be in such a situation.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:25 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Air Panama in the 1970s. Seat Belts were optional. Many smokers even prior to takeoff. Stewed bony fish was the ONLY choice for dinner. Announcements were in Spanish only.

The best: Cathay Pacific!

Old 07-31-2017, 11:46 AM

360 posts, read 371,962 times
Brussels airline was the worse flight of all the time for me. If to say sorry they offer me a free ticket I would never accept.

I think that United has another level comparing to any other air companies. It is definitely the best if I have to flight for long distances.
If you have their credit card they offer you a lounge at the airport.
In the United States I like Delta Which also has a very good service.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:50 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
United definitely. They're lazy and inept.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:58 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Continental. The flight took ages to take off because they let people play musical chairs for a half hour or more ...and this had to be normal and built in to the flight time because once we started, we hit the taxi way and took off.

That's why I fly Southwest and only Southwest. I like the get in, sit down, belt up, let's go!

Old 07-31-2017, 12:08 PM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Nah, I've never flown anything so bad that resulted in a boycott. If the price is right, and the route / flight times are within my criteria, I'll fly. The only exception is when I know ahead of time that an airline has bad safety record - then I'll simply avoid said airline.
I feel the same!

Old 07-31-2017, 12:32 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,118 times
That would be in-country flights on Turk Hava Yolari (THY) in the late 1960's (now known as Turkish Airlines and vastly improved). The unofficial motto was "Fly and Die on THY".....lol.

Old planes, broken seats, luggage in the aisles, chickens in cages. In-flight catering consisted of a bowl of hard candy passed down the aisle.

Of course, if there was a wedding party on board the flight turned into a big party for everyone with dancing and singing. At least if you crashed, you were having a good time.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:34 PM

13,703 posts, read 12,413,557 times
I've had more bad experiences with Delta than anyone else, but that's just luck, IMO. They are followed shortly by Southwest. It isn't anything they did, its just their check-in procedures. A mad dash 24 hours ahead of time, hoping to be in a position to grab an aisle seat...And God forbid your meeting runs over while you watch the clock tick away your chance at the A boarding group, then the B boarding group...

I've flown Spirit (and Frontier) a number of times. Frontier has been great. Spirit, while not "Great," has always delivered what I expect.

When I fly on Spirit, I understand that I'm getting on the "Dollar General" or the air. I plan accordingly and make it work.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:47 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Allegiant.

Great fares in theory but the cattle car feel in worn out MD-80s and Airbus A-319s has a similar feel to what I would call "Air Greyhound". Cancelled flights are a big issue also since they often have just one flight a day only a few times a week to most destinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel