Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 03:29 PM

1,257 posts, read 888,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Deep space.
Yikes, me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM

308 posts, read 237,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Atlanta hates whites? Wow, I never knew that. I wholeheartedly avoid it due to traffic ... now I have another reason. I hate racism in all forms. Thanks for sharing!
Traffic isnt good either.Not saying even a majority are racist,but also it was more than a couple.Its the nasty stares you get that i found bad.a few decided to say something,mostly(they thought) that i couldnt hear.One seriously went to town about me being British.

It got to the stage i stopped going out and i did say to the lovely girl on reception what it was all about.She said "Its because people came here in the 50s and 60s from further south believing equal rights would never come and brought a lasting hate with them thats gone down the generations".She was black.

Oddly enough ive been in Alabama where things were once worlds worse, and i got nothing but friendliness

Go figure

Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM

1,257 posts, read 888,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I'm quite limited to places that I would visit. I'm born and raised on Long Island, NY, lived here all of my life. I only speak English, and I'm a picky eater. I dislike anyone who dislikes and is rude to Americans as soon as they see one is American.

The only place I've been outside the country are cruise stops in the Caribbean. Nice beaches, slum living conditions for the locals. The only island I'd return to is St. Thomas. Or Puerto Rico.

Nothing in central or south America interests me.

Nothing in Asia interests me.

In Europe, maybe England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, nothing else would interest me. Other countries might, but considering the refugee problem, I will avoid them.

I would, however, consider Israel

I would consider Australia and New Zealand

I would consider Hawaii

There's plenty to see and do within the US, so I have little desire to leave. Traveling outside the US, if I ever do it, will have to wait until I'm retired.

I would love to visit Long Island. New Zealand would be amazing, if not for such a long flight.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM

308 posts, read 237,545 times
Quote:
I'm quite limited to places that I would visit. I'm born and raised on Long Island, NY, lived here all of my life. I only speak English, and I'm a picky eater. I dislike anyone who dislikes and is rude to Americans as soon as they see one is American.

The only place I've been outside the country are cruise stops in the Caribbean. Nice beaches, slum living conditions for the locals. The only island I'd return to is St. Thomas. Or Puerto Rico.

Nothing in central or south America interests me.

Nothing in Asia interests me.

In Europe, maybe England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, nothing else would interest me. Other countries might, but considering the refugee problem, I will avoid them.

I would, however, consider Israel

I would consider Australia and New Zealand

I would consider Hawaii

There's plenty to see and do within the US, so I have little desire to leave. Traveling outside the US, if I ever do it, will have to wait until I'm retired.
Italy has the most refugees by far cos its nearest to Libya where theyre all leaving from now the Turkey route isnt so easy.Spain has lots too, as does Britain.

You also missed out Wales,lovely little place with a culture all of its own.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:08 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
No way is North Korea, the lunatics are running that asylum.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:14 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,904,604 times
Atlanta hates whites? well, not in my expereince. I go there for work all the time and while it's more racially integrated than other southern cities, I don't find it anti-white at all. There is a large Jewish population that thrives there too. You guys who listed Houston and Dallas are missing out on some great musuems, great shopping, and great food!

Me, I'm not interested in going to Iceland, Antartica, Nebraska, North or South Dakota.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:33 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Some of you don't seem to understand that English is pretty widely spoken around the world......

Old 08-29-2017, 04:36 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:

being from NY... I'm sure you are aware the USA had quite a refugee problem at (many) times...(since the late 1500's...)
as of 10 yrs ago... Total all countries= 38,290,443
https://www.infoplease.com/us/race-p...country-origin
"Year in Review, 2016" Infoplease.
© 2000-2017 Sandbox Networks, Inc., publishing as Infoplease.
It is estimated that as many as 4.5 million Irish arrived in America between 1820 and 1930. Between 1820 and 1860, the Irish constituted over one third of all immigrants to the United States. In the 1840s, they comprised nearly half of all immigrants to this nation.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:00 PM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times
The middle east.
Asia.

I don't care for heat or humidity.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:01 PM

10,355 posts, read 7,986,475 times
North Korea still tops my list. I've no desire to see Saudi Arabia, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel