Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:01 AM

7,427 posts, read 4,671,611 times

Advertisements

Not sure if you've come across this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peSvVT6mDSA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 05:06 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,204,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Bali beaches are ugly and dirty. If you decide to go to Bali, you should focus on the beautiful temples and lush scenery.

Palawan, Philippines has much more beautiful beaches than Bali but very far and difficult to get to from Manila. There are no worthy historical site.
There are 13 flights a day from Manila to Palawan (Puerto Princesa), around $100 return. Book that connection separately through the website of Cebu Pacific airlines. You're right about the lack of historical sites, but by booking separately, you can schedule a couple of days stopover in Manila for that.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:30 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,565,865 times
Bonus with Cebu Pacific is they seem to be pretty loose with carry-on, we had our main backpacks on there way over size/weight limit and they gave us no drama.

Air Asia is way cheap but they can be absolute horrors with carry on 7 kg limit, they catch people at the desk and when people think they are home-free at the gate by walking around with a hand-scale. It can add $30 to your $35 ticket.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:55 AM

7 posts, read 7,438 times
I agree, Palawan is one of the most beautiful spots in the Philippines. Now, if Palawan is too far from you, you still have an option, there is a Batangas. You can find more beautiful beaches in Batangas as well as the accommodations and etc. Just choose the best two beautiful places.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:20 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,878,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandis View Post
Finally made our plane reservations and have chosen Philipines for one week in April - less than $400 roundtrip from the Middle East on Ethihad. We will stay a few days in Manila and then go to Palawan. Questions:
I know Manila is not the city people speak about but I understand there are a number of tourist attractions - any recommendations? Also, is Taal Volcano worth it as a day trip. I found a nice/reasonably priced hotel in Makati.

Palawan looks like our choice - all the feedback says go to El Nido however it is a long trip from Puerto Princesa. Are there many attractions around PP? - I know the underground river is there but also looking for beach and snorkeling spots. It looks as if it would be 6 plus hours to El Nido and that may be a lot considering we may arrive Monday and leave Friday.
Since you are already in Palawan. You need to get to El Nido. It is a must! Coron is also beautiful but even farther.

The area around Boayan island is closer but not as spectacular.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:34 AM

48 posts, read 28,621 times
Manilla is one of the most dangerous cities in the world be careful and make sure your bookbag is always in front of you. Big city with lots of extreme poverty most people are ok but like any big city don't be flashy and don't go out at night imo. Not much to do in manila cultural wise but they have huge malls all over

Old 03-19-2018, 03:09 AM

7 posts, read 7,438 times
Hi upon reading this thread including the comments, it makes me more exciting for my el nido travel next month. Can you help me to go there? Any idea for the expenses?

Old 03-19-2018, 04:50 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,565,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lele336 View Post
don't go out at night imo.
Eh? There are areas of Manila that are fine to go out at night. You really spend a vacation turtling up in your hotel at sun down like some anti-vampire?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:37 AM

12 posts, read 12,274 times
I agree with you to go to Philippines because there are amazing beaches and marvelous natural wonders with interesting historic sites and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, the Philippines pack many exciting things to see and do. You can also visit there Huma Island, Camiguin and Coron etc. You will enjoy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel